--24--

"(Y/n)!" A crying boy came running to the girl seated around the table, slowly eating her lunch from the neatly packed lunch box.

"Zuri stole my food again!" Tears flowed out his eyes like a fountain as he threw himself onto (Y/n), drenching her lap with his tears.

(Y/n) shook her head in disbelief. Zuri would never let the boy have his lunch in peace. She gently brushed her hand over his hair and his weeping slowly went down.

Not too long did the mischievous grey eyed boy entered the classroom, holding a certain light green lunch box that belonged to someone else. "Return the food, Zuri," (Y/n) demanded.

"And what if I don't?" A playful grin formed on his face.

(Y/n) gently removed the cherry blonde haired boy's head from her lap. She then stood up and made her way to Zuri, reaching her hands out to retrieve the box.

He however, held it higher as she tried to take it. He'd laugh each time he dodged her hands until something totally expected by (Y/n) happened.

While he held the box in his palm with no support from his fingers, the box slid off and collided to the floor, the contents inside spilled out.

"Oh. . ." Zuri's laugh died down after seeing what his foolish actions did. He looked up at the cheeryblonde haired boy, whose eyes began to well with tears again.

"My mama made that food. . . Zuri . . .why . . ." The poor boy burst into tears.

"Ah! No don't cry, I'm sorry I'm sorry!" The grey eyed boy ran over to his friend and cupped his cheek. "Kite. . .I was only playing, I'm sorry. . ."

His apologies didn't help and the boy continued to cry. Zuri sighed before placing a kiss on the boy's lips and wrapped his arms around the smaller figure. "I gave you a lucky kiss, it'll make your mom make a more delicious food for you."

Kite's crying came to a stop. "R-Really?" He asked.

"Yeah! You'll have the most delicious food ever made in the whole wide world!" Zuri spread his arms out in the air to express his words, a huge grin on his face.

"Yipee!" Kite cheered. "I'll make sure to share with (Y/n)."

(Y/n), watching the scene in silence, nodded her head. "Mm, I appreciate that."

"Appreciate?" Kite tilted his head. "What's that?"

"Hey, so aren't you going to share with me too?" Zuri questioned.

"No."

"What?!"

Kite laughed, running away from the angry Zuri as he got chased around the class. (Y/n) rested her head on a desk and slowly closed her eyes. Though there were noise created by the two boys, she somehow drifted into sleep without any issues.

..

And that's how peaceful their lives were.

Until Zuri

Began to strangely,

.. .Change

×-×-×

A new school, a new semester. The three were now in middle school. Unfortunately, they were separated into different classes and Zuri pestered (Y/n) many times if she'd be fine without him to which she responded with a blank stare.

(Y/n) was seated and prepared for the first session of the day. Everyone around her was busy occupied with greeting each other, meeting old or new friends.