--27--

Nana was staring at her phone throughout most of the school hours. Usually, in classes she was mainly focused on getting her class works done and she would be all ears whenever she was having her favourite subject.

Today was different. The English teacher stood at the front, an opened book held in her palms as she read and explained the story of a swimming cow. Such a weird story would definitely  have Nana's full attention, however there she was, putting her phone into her lap and staring down at it.

After the story had ended, (Y/n) would glance at her friend from time to time, seeing the uneasy and worrisome expressions she was displaying. As a sheet of test questions was in front of her and the class was in complete silence, (Y/n) was unable to ask Nana of her well being.

Time went by and shuffles of papers could be heard as they were handed down to the front desks where the teachers collected them. They were allowed to leave the class a bit earlier before the next session. The two friends simultaneously packed their bags and began to head out.

"Nana..." (Y/n) started speaking.

"Hmm..?" Even as she answered, Nana's gaze did not leave her phone. This reminded (Y/n) of her own attitude whenever someone spoke to her but Nana on the other hand was never like this.

"Are you okay?

Nana looked at her friend. "I don't know..." She glanced at her lit phone screen. "He hasn't been messaging or calling me, (Y/n).."

"Ethan?" (Y/n) asked. Nana nodded. "Maybe he's shy?" She tried using the same reason Nana had told her when Dave wasn't messaging. Except, Ethan wasn't like Dave.

Nana shook her head. They arrived at the next class and took their seats. "Ethan isn't shy. I...I have a feeling something bad happened to him. Have you forgotten what he told us three days ago?"

(Y/n) began to think back. It was strange how after that night, Zuri was completely hands off. Not once did he tried invading her personal space or forced himself on her. Though she was glad that all stopped, something seemed weird.

"(Y/n)..." Nana's tone went low. "What if he had heard us? I mean, we didn't even realize he was that close until he spoke." Nana tried to avoid using his name, now only addressing him by 'he'. She bit her fingernails, staring at the ground before swiftly turning to look at (Y/n) with widened eyes. "What if he did something to Ethan..."

(Y/n) stared back in silence. None of them uttered a word. That was until a certain cheerful dude seated himself behind them, leaned forward and threw an arm around (Y/n)'s shoulder.

"Ahahah, why are you staring at each other like that?" Issac laughed. "What's the shocking news??"

Nana's lips pull down into a frown as she looked at him. "Ethan hasn't been messaging me..."

Issac's head tilted, "What's so shocking about that?"

"It's been three days, he's never took that long to message and I would most times see him leaving his school when I'm heading home, I think something happened to him."

"Oh-" Issac's smile fell. "Maybe he just lost his phone or something, things like that happen y'know."

Nana shook her head. "I don't think that's what happened...I'm worried, what's even worse is that I can't message his friend, Dave either. They've both been offline for three days."

Issac leaned back, pulling his arm off (Y/n). "Let's give them one more day. If there's no response then we'll have to do something."

"Okay..." Nana responded.