.29.

Find Nana....there was no way (Y/n) would leave her friend in a basement for the whole night to suffer.

She slowly shuffled to the edge of the bed and paused, ensuring that the man behind her was still in his sleep. After witnessing no sort of movements from him, she carefully lifted her weight off the bed and made her way to the bedroom door. With luck on her side, she safely made it downstairs and towards the hallway that lead to the basement.

At the corner of that hallway, a voice slowed her pace. Her toes curled when deciding to slowly peek behind the wall. Her luck seemed to have ran out when she saw a guard standing by the basement door. 

The frowning guard could be heard mumbling to himself and shifted his feet, now turning towards her direction and walking.

(Y/n) stiffened for a moment. She dragged her head back into the shadows, glancing down the long hallway. There was no way she would be able to make a quiet sprint for it without the guard seeing her.

With no other choice in mind she stayed hidden by the darkness that engulfed the walls. The guards voice was clearer and his words became coherent.

"Why do the guards have to use the bushes outside when we wanna take a heavy shit. I've been holding this crap in for eight hours now. My asshole stings like hell." His tongue clicked against his teeth as he walked by, completely unaware of the still girl that was one with the wall.

(Y/n)'s luck had replenished and was on a roll again. She swiftly stepped out from behind the walk and jogged to the basement door, still on the tip of her toes. She turned the knob and surprisingly the door cracked open. She had no light source so seeing inside the dark room was a strain on her eyes.

"Nana?" She whispered, pushing the door open some more before stepping inside.

"(Y/n)...?" A hoarse voice answered, a hint of hope coming from it.

"Nana where are you?" (Y/n) tried feeling around the air and moved slowly towards the voice in hopes of finding her friend in the room.

"Why...why are you her-e?" (Y/n) could tell Nana was straining herself to speak. A soft texture brushed against her fingertips and the hoarse voice released a surprise sound. (Y/n) had found her. She began trying to untie the ropes that bind Nana.

Ten minutes had passed and to no avail, the ropes were still tangled. It was too dark for (Y/n) to see.

"Nana, I'll leave for a bit to find something to cut the ropes or a light to help untying them." There was no answer, only a choked cry. (Y/n) frowned, "It's okay Nana, I'll be back."

(Y/n) wasn't one to engage in hugs but she gently wrapped her arms around her crying friend and gently caressed her head. Nana's cry became even more sorrowful and it pained (Y/n)'s heart.

She pulled away, heading towards the open door that produced a tiny bit of light that helped in her finding her way back out. (Y/n) stepped out, going back to the direction she came from but halted.

There was someone leaning against the wall, arms folded. Her heart nearly flew out of her throat when the figure lifted it's head. A familiar grin stretched across the dimly lit face and dread overwhelmed her.

Not another second was wasted as she instantly turned back, heading into the basement. She closed the door quickly and once again her luck was exhausted as there was no lock to lock the door.

All (Y/n) could think about was how badly she messed up. Though she held the door knob tightly to prevent it from turning on the other side, there was no sound or movement.

Her tensed hands slowly relaxed and she began debating whether or not to convince Zuri that she simply wanted to see how Nana was doing. She released a breath, deciding to go with the idea and slowly opened the door. No one was waiting there. She stepped out and looked back into the same direction and there he was, staring at her, this time with a neutral expression.