Baby on Board || AdoptiveParent!Reader x Parentless!Yuji

Warnings: Deals with a bit of child abandonment, neglect, etc.
Genre: Fluff/ Bit of angst
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Rating: PG
Reader Notes: (F/N) will stand for friend's name; Nothin have fun being baby yuji's parent :) <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You weren't planning on taking home a child when you stepped out of your front door this morning. You didn't even plan of having kids in general, but when you came across a tiny child covered in dirt and bruises from his time living on the street, you couldn't help but feel a parental urge in your heart. This child needed to be taken care of, and you were now going to the person to fulfill that role.

Walking down the street, you looked down to your phone, checking the address of the new cafe you wanted to try once again. You were one of those people who needed to be sure of everything before you actually went out and did it. That's part of why the day was so strange. Tucking your phone into your back pocket, you wandered down the quiet sidewalk, a few people passing every now and then, the soft conversation of their voices in passing soothing you.

Until you saw people looking over their shoulders, or turning away, their faces laced with anguish or pain, caused by whatever they were seeing. Being a nosy person, you naturally wanted to see what was going on, shuffling over to the edge of a small alleyway. Sitting just behind the corner was a young boy, who looked like he wasn't even a school age child yet, his eyes squeezed closed as he hugged himself. Why was no one helping him, you wondered, crouching down next to him.

"Hello?" You called quietly, tilting your head as the boy turned away, trying to ignore you.

"Go 'way." He muttered. You frowned at him, wondering what had happened to him to make him so standoffish.

"I don't think I will. Do you mind if I sit with you for a bit?" You asked, watching as he glanced at you from the corner of his eye's, huffing and scooting a bit to the side.

"Thank you. My name is (Y/N), can I ask what yours is?" You smiled softly at the kid.

"No." He blatantly responded. Fair enough.

"Alright. Well, nameless child, would you like some food? You look like you haven't eaten for a while." You offered, the thought of the cafe still in the back of your mind, haunting you with thoughts of pastries. The pink-haired boy studied, trying to figure out if he was going to be hurt if he went with you. Whatever it was about you, he found you non-threatening, pushing himself to his feet and waiting for you to do the same.

"Before we go, can I clean your face and hands off? You don't want to eat yummy food and get dirt on it, now do you?" You smiled, pulling out a pack of wet wipes you kept with you for on the go cleaning. He shook his head, holding his hands out for you to wipe down, scrunching his face up as you wiped the dirt off of it.

"Ah, so much better! Now, lets go get some yummy treats, hm?" You held your hand out to the boy, the wary child taking a moment before joining hands with you, walking along with you while people gawked. You were sure they were either thinking that you abused the child and neglected him because of how rough he looked, or that you had just kidnapped him, for the same reason as before, but you didn't mind. If nobody else was going to step up and take care of the kid in need, why not you?

"Okay, we're here! What would you like?" You asked, studying the display case with lots of tasty options.

"Mmm... cake, pease." He decided, tapping on the glass in front of a decadent looking chocolate cake.