Bully || Megumi x Reader Pt. 1

Warnings: Mention of death of family members, general bullying, swearing
Genre: Fluff/ Angst
Rating: PG
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Reader Notes: It just be one of them days u no; kinda long sry not sry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, for the last time. Sit. Down." Your teacher stared you down from the front of the classroom, eliciting giggles from the other students as your face went red.

"Heh. Sorry, sensei. Continue." You gave them a sheepish smile, sinking back down into your chair after being reprimanded for the third time that week. 

You weren't a naughty kid, in the sense of purposely going out of your way to make trouble and disturb other people during classes, but your energetic outbursts would cause you to be the trouble child of the class.

Being loud and funny did have it's perks though. Many people enjoyed being around you, and you had a nice group of close friends you kept from elementary school that were still nearby and would hang out with you on the weekends, but your time at school alone was still something you enjoyed. The less people you had to spend constant attention on, the more relaxed your time was. Until you met the second years, specifically, one black-haired boy who was prone to 'violent outbursts'.

You didn't understand at first why the kid was always so on edge and ready to pick a fight, but even so, you still did your best to avoid him and stay out of his way when you crossed paths in the hall. More than a few times, you two had gotten on each other's nerves and ended up in a shouting match, which his older sister would come break up, apologizing for her brother's behavior. It wasn't that deep, you thought to yourself every time they would walk away, the upperclassman scolding her brother as they left.

You two had a mutual understanding that if the other was already in a bad mood, you would do what you could to keep away, but if you ran into each other, things tended to get nasty. One time he threw a carton of milk at your head in the cafeteria because he had bumped into you and spilled your soup. That was a messy day. Janitors are the real heroes here.

Your lives continued as they usually did, dancing around each other with threats and teasing as your got on one another's nerves, kicking each other while you were down. It was a strange routine, but you two chaotic kids had the unwritten rules of middle school to live by, and you weren't going to break them.

Until you did. One day, during the middle of your classical Japanese class, a nice office lady from downstairs in the admin room came to fetch you, a worried smile forced on her face as she asked you to grab your things. Of course, the class snickered and pointed, whispering that the school had finally had enough of you, or that you were finally getting reprimanded by the school head for all of your disruptions. If only it had been that.

You stood in the doorway of the headmasters office, blankly staring at his desk as the words he had just spoken sunk fully in. Dead. They... were dead. Your father and your sister. There was an accident while they were driving home from her swim meet that morning, and nobody survived.

"Um, would you... would you excuse me. I just... need some fresh air." You rubbed your throat as you tried to keep the tears at bay, looking up at the ceiling in hopes that gravity would do it's magic and hold back the salty liquid for you.

"Of course. Just stay on campus. Ms. Fujihara is in her office if you'd like to speak with her after. She is one of the best guidance counselors the school has to offer." The head spoke solemnly to you. You nodded, bowing your head as you turned and hurried toward the shoe lockers, your breathing growing rapid as you felt the emotions start to take over. Just wait until you're outside, you told yourself, not wanting to be seen by any of your classmates.