Lost in Paradise || Toge x Reader

Warnings: Shibuya arc spoilers, sry
Genre: Fluff to angst sorry lol
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Rating: G
Reader Notes: You can blame the devils lechuga for this idea don't do drugs kids; happy 1000th day Gojo you can come back now *nervous laughter*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, are you even listening?" Maki complained, kicking your leg under the table. Jolting back, you shot the girl a glare.

"Maki, I'm running on three hours of sleep from the past two days. Don't kick me." The green haired girl rolled her eyes, scoffing as she went back to telling her story. Beside you sat Toge, staring at the side of your face with no indication of stopping.

"Can I help you, Toge?" You sighed, lolling your head to the side to meet his eyes. Taking out his phone, he typed something in his notes, turning the screen to you so you could see it.

"Are you okay? Why haven't you been sleeping?" You read, rubbing your face as you tried to come up with a good answer.

"Just... stuff." You didn't want to admit nightmares from some of the previous missions were getting to you. They had been particularly brutal and anxiety inducing, and your subconscious seemed to be having a hard time dealing with the memories. One in particular that kept bothering you was the mission you had been sent as backup on for the first years. Unfortunately, you made it there too late, and one of them had died in front of you and your underclassman.

Toge let his face fall flat, annoyed with your avoidant answer, mumbling something to himself before turning back to the rest of the group. As second years, you were all rather close after some of the things you had been through, but that didn't mean some secrets were still being kept amongst you all. For you, it was your nightmares. For Toge, it was the fact that he had been crushing on you since the first time you met, but never said anything out of fear. 

The days kept on like this, the group moving along with their lives, you slowly dragging behind as you tried to keep yourself awake and upright. One night after tossing and turning for hours, you finally gave up, heading out into the cool night air for a walk. You figured you might as well try to do something productive with your time if you weren't going to get any sleep. With your hands in your pockets, you watched the moon sit in the sky, the bright glow lighting the path before you as you wandered around the campus.

"Kelp." You jumped in the air as a voice suddenly spoke to you, your heart beating quickly in your chest as you held your shirt, glaring at Toge who was walking toward you.

"Jesus, Toge! You almost scared me to death." You complained, pinching the bridge of your nose as you readied yourself for another round of questions from the boy. Pointing at you the boy frowned, mumbling 'okaka' under his breath.

"Yes, I get it. My sleeping habits are beyond messed up. What do you want? It's three in the morning." You sighed, squinting at him as he waved his hand, turning around and walking away, pausing for a moment to make sure you were following him. Reluctantly, you obliged, trailing behind him until you wound up at your dorm. You were not impressed.

"Seriously?" You complained, shaking your head in annoyance. Ignoring you, Toge pushed your door open, strolling in without an invitation.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" You hissed, hurriedly following behind him as you nervously looked at the mess you had left, too lazy to clean it up over the past week. Standing at the edge of your bed, Toge pointed, narrowing his eyes as you ignored him.

"Wow, Toge. How forward of you." You joked as you gave into his angry face, lying on your back and staring at the ceiling. Halfheartedly, Toge pulled a blanket up over you, letting it flop across your body as you gave him an unimpressed look.