If the Shoe Fits || Nobara x Reader

Warnings: Mild swearing
Genre: Fluff/ General
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Rating: PG
Reader Notes: I wanted to write a cute Nobara story, I'm so glad this came to mind. Kind of inspired by someone who wrote a headcanon about meeting her while shopping and her asking for your opinion, but I don't know who it was :( I think I made it my own though, so thank you to that person! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had already been a long day, and somehow the shopping trip you'd been forced into by your friend was only making it longer. It'll be fun, they said. It'll help you relax, they said. Well, they lied. The only good thing about your trip was that you'd seen a cute girl in the same store you two were in. You couldn't help but stare at her almost orange-colored hair, and the sharp look in her eyes as she studied each piece of clothing carefully, occasionally choosing a piece to take with her to try on. That was where you got lucky.

"Hey, you." A head popped out of a fitting room, the girl you'd been eyeing before staring back at you. 

"Uh, yes?" You croaked, wondering if she'd caught you staring earlier and was going to tell you off for being creepy or rude.

"Can you give me an opinion on this? None of my friends are responding, and I really need to know if this looks good or not." She stated, bringing the rest of herself out of the room and revealing the dress she had on. Hell yeah, it looked good. A little too good, some might say.

"Oh, um- Yes! Yes, it looks... great. You look great. Uh, I mean... sorry." You fumbled your way through your opinion, not noticing the pretty girl smiling back at you as you hung your head, pulling up your jacket so she couldn't see how red you were.

"Yeah, I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure. Oh, are you going to be here for a little bit? I have a few more things to try on, but if you aren't going to stay, that's fine." She asked, turning her head over her shoulder while she stared at you from the doorway of the changing room.

"As far as I know. I'd be happy to give you my opinion. If you want it, that is." You tried to confidently speak, falling back into your awkwardness so you wouldn't be taken as sounding too assertive.

"Awesome, thanks!" She grinned, shutting the door behind her. After a few minutes of rustling, the door swung back open, this time revealing the girl in a stylish top and pair of pant.

"Yes, no? I'm not sure about these pants. What do you think?" She spun around in front of you, letting you take in the whole outfit before you decided.

"Hm. I like the top and jeans, but what if you got the pants in a different color? Maybe that would help it go better with your top." You wondered, taking all of the miniscule knowledge you had about fashion and putting it to work.

"Yeah! You're totally right, I think I should have gone with just plain black." She muttered to herself, holding up a finger as she once again disappeared. You waited patiently, nodding your head back and forth as your friend came up to you.

"Hey, I'm ready to check out, let's go." They shoved their thumb toward the front of the store where the line to pay was, making you hesitate.

"Uh, I think I'm actually going to stay a bit longer." You avoided eye contact as your friend gave you a scrutinizing glare.

"Uh huh. Right. Well, I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow?" They shrugged, walking off to buy their clothes themselves. You figured since they'd done everything else without you thus far that checking out would be the least of their worries. Before you could start guilt tripping yourself, the girl you'd been admiring stepped out in her last outfit. It was an elegant evening gown, one meant for weddings or fancy parties.