Request: My Brothers Keeper || Megumi x Reader

Warnings: Mentions of hospitals; mentions of death: minor swearing; grief
Genre: Hurt/Comfort
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Rating: PG-13
Reader Notes: For the homie who wanted that Megumi hurt/comfort fic this ones for you. Hurt comfort is such a good like theme ooh ahh thats it im not going; for those of you who don't know, Tsumiki is Megumi's sister, although I think it's revealed in like the last ep of the first season? Its been a while since I watched I don't remember. Just a reminder, if you have a fic you'd like to see, you can either comment on a requested fic (or really any), and give me some details, and I will try to work it out as quick as I can. I'm working most days, and am sick rn, but should still have time at night and on weekends to bust one out. I hate that I wrote that but Im keeping it in ew.

"Tsumi!" You ran after the girl, slowing as you fell into an easy gait beside her.

"You're late. Again." Tsumiki smiled coyly at you, teasing you that much more for your tardiness.

"I can't help it. All of this homework, it took me hours to finish last night. I didn't get to bed until three. It's not my fault I overslept!" You defended your chronic lateness, huffing as Tsumiki laughed at you, easing the two of you into a conversation about your weekend plans.

"I was thinking we could try that new store that opened up in Shinjuku. They have a bunch of weird stuff, or so I've heard." You pondered aloud, wondering just what 'weird stuff' entailed. Waiting for Tsumiki to chime in, you glanced at her, noticing her eyes were glazed over as she stared ahead.

"You want to come with?" You asked, breaking Tsumiki out of her daze.

"Oh, sorry. I already have some plans. I'm going to stay with some friends Friday night, and maybe do something Saturday morning. You're invited though, if you want to come." Tsumiki smiled down at you, pausing as she heard arguing outside. Going to the nearest window, you heard the girl let out a deep sigh, kicking open the doors with her foot as she marched out to collect her brother.

"Megumi! Stop that, right now!" Tsumiki yelled, walking over and grabbing Megumi by the back of the collar, dragging him back inside. Out in the court yard laid a pile of upper classmen, all hardly moving as they recovered from testing Megumi's limits.

"I told you to stop fighting!" Tsumiki scolded the boy as you watched from afar, laxly waving to Megumi who scowled back in response, waiting for his sister to be done with her chiding.

"They were asking for it." Megumi mumbled under his breath, shrugging as he pulled away from Tsumiki, skulking off down the hallway. In a fit of rage, Tsumiki pulled out a carton of milk she had been planning on drinking, the top split open ever so slightly, and threw it at her brother, the container nailing him in the back of the head and spilling milk down the backside of his uniform. Covering your mouth, you turned around, trying to keep yourself from getting beaten up by Megumi as he stared back at his sister with dead eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know it was full!" Tsumiki blabbered, waving her hands frantically. She watched sadly as Megumi turned around and left, muttering something to her you couldn't quite hear. Looking up at your friend, you smirked.

"Didn't know it was full my ass." You cackled, Tsumiki insisting it was the truth. You didn't have time to argue as the bell rang, the two of you parting as you went off to your next class.

At the end of the day, you were crouched down, picking up pieces of trash from the classroom as your classmates helped clean up, soft chatter flowing out the open windows. It was a beautiful day, with warm air and a cool breeze. Tossing the last piece of paper into a bag, you brushed your hands on your uniform top, tying up the bag and putting it by the door to be taken out. Waving goodbye to your classmates, you stepped out of the door, yelping as you walked straight into someone.