Lucky || Reader x Yuji

Warnings: Drinking
Genre: Fluff/ General
Rating: PG
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Reader Notes: Dumb boy is aged up do not drink if you are underage I am your mom now >:( Also yes I will be posting more I'm just working on another like f book for hxh which kinda slaps in my opinion but yeah this book isn't dead don't worry I just need more ideas :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work was slow and boring, as it was most of the time. You sat at your desk, head perched on your palm as you stared at a screen flipping a pen back and forth between the fingers of your other hand, letting out a soft sigh. This code wasn't working. You had been staring at the lines of it for hours now, and your eyes felt like they crossed every time you tried to figure out how to fix the error. You wished your boyfriend was here to keep you company.

Your desk rumbled as your phone rang, the vibrations of it rattling it dangerously close to the edge. You caught it before it fell off, looking at the screen and answering. It was an unknown number, but Yuji was known for forgetting his phone on missions, or losing it, so he would call from payphones or random cellphones he convinced people to lend him for the moment.

"Hello?"

"Y/n..."

"Megumi?"

"Can you come get- WOOOH, HI Y/N! HIIII!" You held the phone away from your ear as you heard Yuji yelling his greetings in the background. 

"How drunk is he?"

"He had four shots and then drank someone's margarita. I had to pay for another one so we didn't get into a fight."  You sighed, rubbing your face, standing as you readied yourself to collect your stupid boyfriend once again. He knew he was a lightweight, but he still drank sometimes, insisting that THIS TIME would be different. It never was.

"Can you text me the address? I'm heading out now." Megumi did as you asked, a location popping up in the little text bubble, leading you to a tiny dive bar that looked like it wasn't up to code.

"Look, there they are. Go, get them." Megumi pointed at you, a flustered Yuji staring at you dumbfounded as he shuffled over to you like a dog meeting someone for the first time.

"H-hi!" The boy choked out, giving you his signature goofy smile.

"Hi, Yuj. You need to use the bathroom before we go home?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. Last time you hadn't asked that question, and it didn't end well.

"Wha- How do you know my name?! MEGUMI! I'm being kidnaped!" Yuji turned around, drunkenly shouting, one arm in the air as he took a step, stopping when his entire body swayed with the motion.

"You're not being kidnaped, idiot! You two are dating. Now go home with them, or I'll let that middle aged woman beat you up for stealing her drink." Megumi pointed back at you, a stern look on his face as Yuji whipped around.

"WE'RE DATING?!" He shouted in your face, his eyes wide with wonder.

"Yes."

"HOW LONG?" 

"Almost two years."

"WHAAAAA! MEGUMI, DID YOU KNOW WE'VE BEEN DATING FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS?!?" Yuji announced to the public, a couple walking by giving you an awkward smile as they shuffled past, unsure if Yuji was shouting at them or not.

"Yeah, I know. Get in the car, or I'll put you in myself." Megumi threatened, losing his patience with his friend. 

"Hey, he's being mean to me! Tell him to stop." Yuji whined, making puppy dog eyes at you as you chuckled, wrapping an arm around his shoulder as you helped him walk back to the car, the boy mumbling something under his breath along the way.

"Okay, now sit still so I can buckle you in. Don't be a pain like last time." You scolded, leaning over the boy to pull his seatbelt over his chest.  He stared at the side of your face as you helped him, not taking them off you for a second.

"Thank you, Megumi. I thought I told you to stop letting him come to bars with you?" You questioned the boy, crossing your arms as you frowned at him.

"Wasn't my idea." He muttered as you heard a shout from inside.

"ANOTHER ROUND!" Nobara screamed, a loud cheer filling the room as Maki dragged her out by the back of her collar, giving the two of you a wave before wandering off with the drunken girl.

"HEEEEEY!" Yuji tapped on the window, pressing his face up against it as he looked out at you and Megumi. The two of you glanced at him, sighing and saying your goodbyes as you went your separate ways for the night. You sat in the drivers seat, looking over your shoulder as you pulled out into traffic, the soft sound of wind coming in from the slightly opened windows soothing you.

"Y/nnnn...." Yuji mumbled, lolling his head to look at you as you kept your eyes on the road.

"Yes, Yuji?" You responded, waiting to see what he was about to come up with.

"I looooove you." He huffed, leaning his head onto your shoulder, making you cringe at the position he was in. It made your body hurt just looking at how he was splayed out.

"I love you too."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU DATING MEGUMI?" Yuji yelled, his head snapping back up, tears in his eyes. That was not what you were expecting.

"I'm not, Yuj. Why would you think that?" You asked, a slight smirk on your lips.

"You... You TALKED TO HIM! And left me in the car. So mean, so mean. I am... You are mean." Yuji slurred through his sentence, giving his best angry face in your direction, only to be interrupted by a hiccup.

"Mhm, I did, but that doesn't mean I'm dating him. I was saying goodbye and making sure you didn't run into the road and get run over." Yuji was silent, your words slowly processing in his brain as he listened, ending up just as confused as before.

"I'm lucky..." Yuji grumbled, lowering his chin until it touched his chest, his eyes closed as you drove.

"Hm? What makes you say that?" You wondered.

"'Cause... 'Cause 'm datin' you. Soooo lucky. You are so niiiiice. And preeetttyyyy. I LOOOOVE you. THIS MUCH!" Yuji announced, his arms flailing slightly as he tried to lift them, the weight of them causing the limbs to flop back down.

"You're too much." You laughed, pulling into your parking spot as you arrived at your apartment, helping the still drunk Yuji out of his seat and up the stairs to your door, the boy drooling on your shoulder while you held him up with one arm, unlocking the door with your free hand.

"Smells so good. Did I tell you? I like the smell of your house. It smells like you. I miss you." Yuji pouted as you helped him over to the bed, sitting him carefully down on the edge so you could at least take his shoes off before he passed out.

"I'm right here, Yuj. You don't have to miss me." You smiled up at him, silently grateful for the interruption from your work.

"No, I miss you!" He declared, crossing his arms and tipping over, flopping down on the bed. You sighed, patting his head as he nuzzled his head into your touch. You got dressed for bed, coming back to a shirtless, pantsless Yuji who was splayed out like a starfish on your bed in his underwear, mouth wide open as he snored. 

You laughed, shaking your head, moving him over and throwing half of your comforter over him, laying by him as you plugged in your phone, turning off the lights for the night. As you laid back, closing your eyes, you felt a slight touch on your arm. You cracked your eyes open, looking down at Yuji who was snuggled up to it like he usually did when he was drunk. Smiling, you leaned over, giving him a kiss on the forehead, tucking him into your arms and chest as you snuggled him to sleep, the two of you falling asleep in the finally peaceful night.