Let's just say it's complicated

New Character: Carter Argent- Allison Argents twin brother. Face claim: Matthew Daddario <3

⚠️ Trigger Warning: Homophobia ⚠️ I apologize in advance 😔

°°°°

Madison and Allison get out of the car and walk towards the building Madison parked in front of. When they walk in, Allison's face lights up as she sees no one is inside.

"You brought me to a skating rink?" Allison asks Madison as she keeps her eyes on the rink ahead of her. "How were you able to pull this off?"

"I found out that you really like roller blades and all that," Madison starts. "So I asked my dad's friend, who owns this rink, if I can borrow it for a date and he said yes. But that's only because I had some dirt on him that would ruin his business."

"What was the dirt?"

"Oh, he uses lambs for his hamburgers."

"Really?"

"No. I had no dirt. He was just being nice." The two girls laugh as they look at each other.

"So are we gonna skate or what?" Allison asks Madison with a smile on her face. Madison smiles as she grabs Allison's hand and pulls her to get their skates. Once they're on, they go to the rink and intertwine their hands before skating their problems away- along with singing along to the music that's playing through the speakers.

After an hour, they exit the rink and get a snack from the snack bar. "So," Allison starts as they sit down. "What's the family like?"

Madison laughs as she looks down at the water and pretzel in front of her. "Let's just say it's complicated," Madison says to Allison. "What's your family like?"

"Let's just say it's complicated."

"So both of our families are sorta crap?"

"No, mine isn't. It's just confusing, I guess."

"Okay." Madison takes a bite of the pretzel she bought as she holds eye contact with Allison.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah. An older sister. Do you?"

"I have a twin brother. We don't really talk that much and he's the one everyone at school always prefers. But my parents actually seem to love us both equally. I don't really talk about him much though."

"Well thank you for telling me." Allison smiles at Madison with a mouth full of pretzel. "Now let's talk about simple things about ourselves. Like hobbies or favorite color or favorite show."

"Well I'm good at archery, my favorite color is purple, and I don't really have a favorite show. What about you?"

"I have a lot of hobbies, including archery and singing, my favorite color is black, and I don't have a favorite show either."

"So we have something in common," Allison states with a smile on her face. "That's gonna be really nice."

A new song starts playing throughout the rink and Madison's smile gets bigger than it was before. "Oh my gosh," Madison says as she gets up. "I love this song!"

"Shall we dance then?" Allison asks Madison as she gets up and walks closer to Madison. They intertwine their hands and skate over to the floor to dance. Once they get onto the floor, Madison turns around and faces Allison, skating backwards.

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm

And I'm a house of cards