I hope you don't mean to tell her what I think you want to tell her

The next day, Carter offered to drive Madison to school and she accepted. As soon as they got to school, she immediately noticed that Carter looked off.

"You okay?" She asked them as they walked to her locker.

"I'm fine," Carter lies. "It's just- my aunt came into town this morning. I don't really get along with her. She gets along better with Allison, but I don't really care. I always thought she was a bit psycho anyways."

"Oh okay. Well, if her shit gets too hard to handle, I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind you staying over at my house for a night or two." Madison smiles at Carter as they approach her locker.

"Thanks," Carter says with a small smile on his face. Madison nods as she opens her locker.

"So where's Allison?" Madison asks Carter, grabbing her English book out of her locker.

"She drove here in her own car," Carter points out.

"That's because I didn't want to deal with your shit Carter," Allison admits from beside her twin brother, which startled both him and Madison.

"Hey babe," Madison says as she closes her locker and leans up against it.

"Hey," Allison replies with a smile on her face. "And before I forget, I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house after school today and study."

"Absolutely," Madison states.

"Great." The bell rings and the three of them walk to their class.

°°°°

In their history class, Scott is anxiously waiting to get his test back- Stiles sitting behind him.

Stiles taps Scott's shoulder, which causes him to turn his head towards Stiles. When Scott's attention is towards Stiles, he says "If Derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?"

Scott hesitates for a few seconds before replying "I don't know."

Stiles leans back in his chair, but then almost immediately sits back up to talk to Scott again. "Did the alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know," Scott says again.

Stiles leans back in his chair again and sighs before asking Scott "Does Allison's dad know about the alpha?"

"I don't know!" Scott snaps, his voice raising, causing everyone to look back at him and Stiles. The teacher hands Stiles his test- which has an A written in red marker on it. As soon as Scott gets his test, he sighs and Stiles notices the D minus in red marker on Scott's test.

"Dude," Stiles starts. "You need to study more." Scott softly slams the paper onto the textbook in front of him, which made Stiles reply with "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up. Do you want help studying?"

"Yeah," Scott states. "Sure."

Stiles nods, but then sighs before saying "I think we should tell Mads." Scott's eyes widened at what Stiles said and he immediately turned around to face him.

"I hope you don't mean to tell her what I think you want to tell her," Scott states, sort of terrified.

"I hate lying to her, man. And I know you don't like lying to her either."

"You're right, I don't. But I do if it'll keep her safe!"

"Dude, I think her knowing will keep her safe."

"I don't think that's true- at all!"

"You're right, it isn't. But we should still tell her."

"I know. I just don't want her to look at me differently."