I love you

After the events of Wednesday night, the school was closed Thursday and Friday. Madison sighs as she rolls out of bed and throws on a pair of jeans and a Taylor Swift t-shirt. She grabs one of her jackets and throws it on before putting on her tennis shoes and grabbing her backpack, walking out of her room and downstairs. She sees her mom standing in the living room drinking coffee while her sister is sitting at the kitchen table, eating a bowl of cereal. 

Madison's mom finally notices her presence and asks "Do you want a ride to school?" Madison shakes her head and looks at her mom, which her mom says "Your keys are in my purse. Just be careful today." Madison nods as she grabs her keys out of her mom's purse and heads out the door without anything to say. 

Madison quickly gets in her car and throws her bag into the passenger seat before turning her car on and pulling out of the driveway. 

Madison sighs as she recalls moments from Wednesday night. 

"I don't know," Scott finally replies as he keeps his back to the others. "I-I just- If-if we go out there, he's gonna kill us."

"Us?" Lydia asks. "He's gonna kill us?" 

"Who?" Allison asks before turning to Stiles, causing them all to look at him."Who is it?" 

There's a brief moment of silence before Scott sighs and replies "It's Derek. It's Derek Hale." 

Derek Hale. He's everywhere Madison goes. She's glad that he's not around to haunt and scare her from what happened. However, Madison has been thinking about that part of the conversation more than the rest of it. 

Madison pulls into the school parking lot and immediately runs into Stiles after getting out of her car. "I don't believe you," Madison says as she gets up to him. 

"What do you mean?" Stiles asks, sounding confused. 

"I mean that I don't believe that it was Derek who's been doing all the killings. I mean, yeah, he's a werewolf, but he- I don't know."

"Does he terrify you too?!"

"Yeah. I don't know what it is. It just bugs me." 

"Thank you!" 

Madison lets out a soft laugh before saying "Now I know it wasn't Derek in the school with us on Wednesday. Who was it, Stiles?" 

Stiles sighs before replying "It was the alpha." 

"And who's the alpha?"

"We haven't figured that out yet." 

Madison scoffs as she fixes her posture. She looks down at the ground and back up at Stiles. "Why didn't he tell me?" Madison asks. "Why lie to me instead of just telling me the truth?" 

"Like you're lying to Allison about how you and Scott kissed again," Stiles points out as he crosses his arms in front of his chest. Madison smacks Stiles on the shoulder before rolling her eyes. 

"He can't keep his damn mouth shut, can he?" 

"I mean, considering the fact he didn't tell you about all the alpha shit, yeah, he can. He just loves you a lot, Mads."

Madison sighs as she looks down at her feet before saying "I know he does." Madison looks up at Stiles before adding "I love him too. It's just-"

"You also love Allison," Stiles finishes as he interrupts her, which makes Madison nod in response. "Look, Mads. Just do what your heart tells you to do. Which one makes you happier?"

"At the moment, Allison." 

"Then be with Allison. I know Scott is my best friend, well, our best friend, but you just have to get over him, Mads. What you have with Allison is too good to ruin with some stupid junior high crush."