I kissed Scott

Madison is standing at her locker in the middle of lunch, getting her things for her next class. Once she gets all the things she needs and shoves them into her backpack, she closes her locker and is met with Scott.

"Hi," He says to her as he makes eye contact with her.

"Hi," Madison replies as she adjusts her backpack strap on her shoulder.

The two of them stand in an uncomfortable silence between each other, looking into each other's eyes. "Can we talk?" Scott finally speaks up.

"Uh, sure," Madison replies as she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

Scott clears his throat as he looks down at the floor before looking back up at Madison. "I need to confess something, and I need you to not interrupt me while I do that, okay?"

"Okay," Madison replies as she nods.

Scott takes a big deep breath in and lets it out before swallowing the lump in his throat. "I hate that we aren't talking and that we're on bad terms," Scott blurts out. "I know I've already talked to you about becoming friends again, and that you said it'll take time, but I don't want to be your friend, Mads. I want to be your boyfriend, okay? There, I said it. And honestly, I know we've been in this position before, but I never stopped loving you Mads, ever, and I never will. You are my forever, okay? And I want you to know that. I understand that you're with Allison, but god damn it, Mads, I love you." Madison's eyes widened at what Scott was confessing to her. "I love you, Madison Paige Torrez, and I'll never stop loving you."

Madison goes to open her mouth and say something, but nothing comes out. "You can talk now," Scott points out.

"I know," Madison replies as she nods, barely able to look Scott in the eye for more than a second. "It's just a lot to take in."

"I can leave you alone. You know what, I'll leave you alone." Scott goes to walk away from her, but Madison stops him by grabbing him by his arm.

"Don't leave," She replies, finally looking him in the eye. Scott nods as he goes back to his position standing in front of her. He looks at her as she takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out, like she's trying to think of what she's going to say next. "I- I never stopped loving you either. Hating you just made it easier to get over you." Madison laughs as she shakes her head and looks down at the floor before looking back up at Scott. "I hate that I feel this way, though, because I am with an amazing girl who I love, and who loves me. I don't want to break her heart." Madison sighs as she runs her hand through her hair out of frustration. "But I don't want to lie to her, either, so I have to tell her.

"I have to tell her that we kissed, and hopefully she won't hate me afterwards," Madison admits before she leans against the lockers and lets out a laugh. "I know I'll hate myself. No, I already hate myself. I hate what I did to her. She deserves someone better."

"Well I'm here if you need anything," Scott suggests as he shrugs his shoulders. Madison looks down at the floor and laughs before looking back up at Scott.

"You probably shouldn't help," Madison points out, smiling at him.

"You're probably right. I have to get back to Stiles, anyways." Scott points behind him, back towards the cafeteria before nodding. "So, talk to you later?"

"Yeah," Madison replies as she nods, pushing herself off the lockers. Scott smiles at her before waving goodbye to her and walks off to the cafeteria.

"What did you and Scott talk about?" Madison hears a familiar feminine voice ask her, which causes her to jump as she turns around, making eye contact with Allison.

Madison's facial expressions fall as she looks Allison in the eyes. "We need to talk," Madison replies with a serious tone before pulling Allison into an empty classroom nearby.

"What do we need to talk about?" Allison asks as she looks back at Madison, who was closing the door before leaning up against it.

"I kissed Scott," Madison confesses, her voice just above a whisper as she's unable to make eye contact with Allison.

"When?" Allison asks as her voice breaks.

"The night my dad died," Madison replies before finally looking up at Allison.

"Did it mean anything to you?" Allison looks up at Madison with tears in her eyes, not letting them fall down to her cheeks. Madison nods as she looks back down at the ground, only to immediately look back up at Allison.

"But I also regretted it because I love you, Allison, okay?" Madison admits as she walks towards Allison. "And I know that's usually what the one who cheated says, but I'm being completely honest." Madison stands in front of Allison before she grabs her hands and looks at her. "I love you, Ally, and I'll never stop, no matter what." Allison laughs as tears roll down her face. "What?"

"You called me Ally," Allison replies with a smile on her face.

"I'm so sorry," Madison apologizes as she lets go of Allison's hands before running hers through her hair.

"No, it's okay," Allison points out as she grabs Madison's hands. "Everything is okay." Madison looks Allison in the eyes before she looks down at the floor. "Do you still love him?" Allison looks back up at Madison and watches her facial expressions.

"Yeah, I do," Madison admits as she lets go of Allison's hands. "To be honest, I never stopped." Madison walks over to a desk and sits on top of it, still with her backpack on her shoulders. "God, I am such an ass." Madison puts her face into her hands as she lets the tears fall down her face.

"No, you aren't," Allison denies as she walks up to Madison. She grabs her face and makes Madison look up at her. "You, Madison Paige Torrez, are far from being an ass." Allison wipes the tears off of Madison's face and smiles at her.

"So we're breaking up?" Madison asks as she grabs Allison's wrists and softly brushes her thumbs over the backs of Allison's hands.

"Yeah, we're breaking up," Allison replies before the two teenagers pull each other in for a kiss, neither of them coming up for air just yet.

"I love you," Madison says to Allison after pulling out of the kiss.

"I love you too," Allison replies before pushing away from the brunette in front of her. "I'll see you later?" Madison nods before watching Allison walk out of the classroom.

Allison stops at the door, her hand on the handle, about to open the door, but stops. She turns around to look at Madison one last time before opening the door and leaving the classroom, closing the door behind her, leaving Madison alone in the classroom to cry for the rest of lunch.

°°°°

A/n

This was a short chapter, I know, but it was an important one... I'm also not paying for your guys' therapy after the Mallison breakup lol. Sorry...

But, this book is almost done and then onto book two hehe. You'll love it all, I promise. <3