I'm sorry

While Madison is out with her sister after school, still on the hunt for the perfect dress, Scott and Stiles are in his room, on the hunt for his phone.

"Call it again!" Scott demands of Stiles as he's throwing everything onto his floor to find his phone, making this room a complete and utter disaster.

"It's not here," Stiles points out from Scott's desk chair as he lets out a frustrated sigh. "Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone," Scott replies as he looks underneath his bed, finding out that it's a mess under there. "We have to find Derek."

"Well, a, you're not alone, you have me," Stiles reminds him in an excited tone. "And b, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha," Scott informs him, still on the hunt for his phone as he goes to look in his bathroom. "They're not gonna kill him."

"All right, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter, problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Madison to find Derek!" Scott shouts as he comes out of his closet, getting more and more frustrated by the second. "I can't protect her on my own, which means we either find Derek first. Just-just help me!"

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting," Stiles points out as he looks at Scott, who is now looking for his phone at his desk. "You remember that? When he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

"He wasn't going to kill anyone," Scott quietly says, stopping his search for a few seconds. "And I'm not letting him die."

"Could you at least think about letting him die, for me?" Stiles asks, sounding desperate. "What?" Stiles asks after noticing Scott's demeanor change completely.

"My mom just got home from work," Scott replies from his desk, listening in on what she's doing. He moves closer to the window and his face softens a lot more than what it was before.

"Is she okay?" Stiles asks as he sees Scott's facial expression change. Scott shakes his head in response, feeling really bad for his mom. "What's she doing?"

"Crying," Scott answers as he listens to his mom for a few seconds before walking to his bed and sitting down on it, looking down at his bedroom floor as his hands are clasped together.

Stiles lets out a scoff before saying, "Scott, you can't protect everyone."

"I have to," Scott admits as makes eye contact with Stiles.

"So what did Madison want to talk to you about last night?" Stiles asks, changing the topic to something more positive.

"Her and Allison broke up," Scott replies, his voice sounding almost cheerful.

"Really?" Stiles questions, his voice cracking in surprise.

"Yeah," Scott answers with a nod. "And we almost kissed."

"It wouldn't have been the first time," Stiles mutters as he looks down at the floor and then back up at Scott before adding "What happened?"

"My mom came into my room to tell me about her date," Scott replies, sounding a bit hurt."I just need to make sure that everyone is safe- including Mads."

"That's nothing to do alone, Scott," Stiles points out in a soft tone, not trying to stress Scott even more.

"That's why I need to find Derek," Scott admits as he runs a hand through his hair in distress. "The more people to help, the better." Stiles nods before getting up from where he was sitting and left the McCall house, needing to reassure a few things and needing to be alone.