Your Yoda I will be

Scott got to school that day, trying to avoid everyone that he knew because Derek Hale had warned him to stay away from them.

Once he got into one of his classes he had with Stiles, he sat behind him and talked to him, well, attempted to. He told him about Derek and everything that he told him last night.

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asks as they walk down the corridor of the school.

"Yeah," Scott replies as he nods.

Stiles decides to reply sarcastically to this situation by saying "All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone is usually me."

"I know," Scott says as he agrees with his best friend. "That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it."

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?"

"I don't know. I don't think he does, either." Stiles stops in his tracks and looks at Scott, confused.

"When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asks.

"He told me not to talk about it," Scott answers. "Just act normal and get through the day."

"When?"

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work."

Stiles nods before saying "After work. All right. Well, that gives me until the end of the school day."

"To do what?" Scott asks, confused.

"To teach you myself," Stiles answers before the two boys start walking again.

°°°°

Allison and Lydia are sitting together at a table, eating their lunch as Allison reads off of a book she got from her aunt. "The what of who?" Lydia asks, sounding bored and confused.

"The Beast of Gevaudan," Allison replies, sounding excited." Listen-" Allison props her book up and starts reading the pages out loud. "A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bête killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."

"Boring," Lydia replies before biting a piece of food off her fork.

"Even the Church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Still boring," Lydia states.

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid-"

"Slipping-into-a-coma bored," Lydia interrupts as she rolls her eyes.

Allison ignored her and kept reading out loud. "While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shapeshift into a man-eating monster."

"Does any of this have anything to do with your family?"

"This," Allison says as she nods before reading the book out loud again. "It is believed that La Bête was finally trapped and killed by a renowned hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature. His name was Argent."

"Your ancestors killed a big wolf," Lydia remarks, not sounding any close to impressed. "So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture. What does it look like to you?" Allison shows the picture on the page to Lydia, only to cause Lydia to stare at it intensely with immense fear in her eyes. "Lydia?" Allison questions as she notices her face. "Lydia?"