The necklace

A few nights later, Madison is doing her homework on her bed as she listens to her music, trying to stay focused. She rolls her head back and rubs it as she closes her eyes, trying to relieve the pain. She puts her homework aside before laying down on her bed, closing her eyes to just rest them. After a few minutes, her phone rings and she grunts before answering it, without looking at the caller ID.

"Whoever this is, you better have a good reason for interrupting me while I was listening to my music," Madison says in a warning tone.

"It's me," Madison hears Scott's voice say, which causes her to shoot up from her bed, shocked.

"You- I-" Madison clears her throat and sighs before saying "What do you want?"

"I need your help."

Madison scoffs as she shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "And why do you think I'll help you?"

"I was just kinda hoping you would, you know?" Scott lets out a soft chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. Scott sighs before saying "Look, will you please do this for me?"

"I'm supposed to be mad at you, Scott. I can't go around doing favors for you if I don't want to talk to you."

"I know you're mad at me. Just- please do this for me."

"You said it yourself, Scott. I'm mad at you. Get someone else to do it."

Before Madison could hang up, Scott says "Mads, please."

Madison sighs before asking "What do you need me to do?"

"Okay, so Derek was talking about his sister and that the last time he talked to her, she was close to figuring something out. The first thing was Harris-"

"Our chemistry teacher?" Madison interrupts.

"Yes. And the other thing was a symbol. It was of a wolf. I remember seeing it on a necklace."

Madison sighs and rolls her eyes as she recalls where she's seen the symbol too. "On Allison's necklace."

"Yeah."

"So what do you need me to do?"

"I need you to look at it- ask her about it. Ask her if you can hold it. Any information will absolutely help."

"Okay, I'll see what I can do." She sighs before adding "And Scott?"

"Yeah?"

"Me doing this for you- it doesn't mean I forgive you."

"I know." Madison nods, even though Scott can't see her, and she hangs up. She looks down in her hands before letting out a huge sigh as she smiles.

"I'm always pulled in," Madison mutters to herself before plugging her phone in and setting it down on her nightstand before getting under her covers and attempting to fall asleep.

°°°°

The next morning, Madison wears a pair of ripped jeans, blue long sleeves, and is topped with a jacket. Her head is covered with a beanie and she's wearing a pair of her black converse. She heads out of the house with her backpack over her shoulder and her keys in her hand, her mom driving her to school that day.

Once her mom pulls up to the school, she sees Scott and Stiles standing in front of the school. She slowly gets out of her car, waving goodbye to her mom as she throws her bag over her shoulder and heads to the front doors. She walks past Scott and Stiles, ignoring the two of them as they call out to her.