The Day After

Camille smiled when she saw Logan staring thoughtfully at the ceiling, hands folded behind his head. She reached out and stroked his upper arm, causing him to turn his head and look at her.

"Morning."

"Morning," he replied, rolling onto his side for a better view.

"Everything okay?" she asked, slightly worried. Logan nodded. "Yes, sure. Just thinking about how much I'm going to miss this."

"What do you mean?"

He smiled crookedly. "Well, waking up in the morning and seeing you lying next to me. I'll miss that."

She leaned forward and kissed him softly. "But to be fair, we only did this for three days."

"Yes, but I'm already used to it."

She laughed and placed her head on his chest.

"Last night was . . . just perfect," Logan said softly. Camille smiled. "I'm glad you liked it."

Then they just lay there for a while, enjoying their last moments together. Until a knock on the door interrupted their togetherness. Then the voice of Logan's sister was heard: "Logan?"

"Yes?" he called in response.

"May I come in or are you guys still . . . cuddling?"

Logan rolled his eyes and gave Camille a meaningful look. "Am I having the sweetest little sister ever or what?" Then he called out, "Yeah, come on in."

Kiara walked into the room, took a quick look around to make sure she wasn't seeing anything that wasn't meant for her twelve-year-old eyes, and said, "Kelly and Dave made breakfast. I thought you might want to know."

Logan nodded. "Thanks for telling us, sweetie. We'll be right down."

Kiara nodded as well and left the room. Camille straightened up. "All right. You'll have breakfast and I'll take a shower."

"Why?"

She gave him an amused look. "Because my parents won't like it if I smell like you all over my body."

"It's called marking the territory," Logan replied with a wink. Camille raised her eyebrows. "So I'm your territory now?"

"You bet you are," he said with a grin, which made her laugh. Then she got up from the bed and put on her bathrobe. She stood with her back to him, but could still feel his eyes on her. "I know you're watching me."

"Can you blame me?"

"I could . . . but I won't." She went to the door, turned back to him and waved, then disappeared into the hallway. Logan thought about following her, but then decided against it. He didn't want Camille to think he really needed it that much. His gaze wandered aimlessly around the room and settled on Camille's gym bag. He smiled. An idea had just occurred to him.

"Well, Camille, I thought I'd offer to drive you back to your parents' house," Dave explained as they finished breakfast. Camille looked at him in surprise. "Oh, I was actually thinking of taking a cab. I don't want to bother."

"You don't. I have to drive to Los Angeles anyway. So I thought you could come with me. But if you don't want to-"

"No, I mean, yes. Of course. I'll just get my bag and then-"

"I'll do that," Logan said quickly and ran up the stairs.

"I'll get the car ready," Dave said and walked out. Camille turned to Kelly and Kiara. "Thank you for letting me stay for the weekend."