Smith and Jones Part Two

A very long chapter for you all today.

"Oh, look down there, you've got a little shop. I like a little shop." The Doctor grinned, looking down at the flowers blooming outside the shop, Celeste chuckling quietly. 

"Never mind that. What are Judoon?" Martha impatiently asked, Alfie sighing slightly in irritation. 

"They're police." 

"Well, police for hire. They're more like interplanetary thugs." The Doctor amended, tilting his head slightly. Martha watched the Judoon in shock, her mouth agape in wonder.

"And they brought us to the moon?" 

"Neutral territory. According to galactic law, they've got no jurisdiction over the Earth, and they isolated it. That rain, lightning? That was them, using an H2O scoop." Celeste murmured, both Alfie and the Doctor looking down at her proudly. 

"What are you on about, galactic law? Where'd you get that from?" Looking at Celeste in confusion, Martha spoke rapidly, a frown lining her face. "If they're police, are we under arrest? Are we trespassing on the moon or something?" 

"No, but I like that. Good thinking. No, I wish it were that simple. They're making a catalogue. That means they're after something non human, which is very bad news for us."

"Us? Why? Oh, you're kidding me. Don't be ridiculous." Martha looks to Alfie, only finding the same expression. "Stop looking at me like that."

"Rassilion knows what they'll do with feisty." A low murmur escapes Alfie, a frown on his face as he realises the potential danger his bonded could be in.

"Probably send me to the Shadow Proclamation." Celeste murmur's back with a small wrinkle of the nose. 

"And wouldn't that be a bundle of laughs." Alfie chuckles before he grabs Celeste's hand and gently brings her along with the Doctor and Martha, the group quickly making their way to the Admin office.

Martha watches closely as the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver on the computer, Alfie adjusting wires here and there, a small smile on his face. 

"They've reached third floor. What's that thing?" 

"Sonic screwdriver." Celeste answers helpfully, a small bounce in her step.

"Well, if you're not going to answer me properly." Martha gives an unimpressed look to Celeste, the Time Lord's bonded giving a roll of the eyes at her reaction.

"No, really, it is." Alfie confirms, Martha just looking at him with a shocked look. "It's a screwdriver, and it's sonic. Look."

"What else have you got, a laser spanner?"