The Wolves of New Orleans Part Two

Alfie looked Elijah up and down, an unimpressed snort leaving his mouth

Alfie looked Elijah up and down, an unimpressed snort leaving his mouth. His doppelganger had no right being so self-righteous, if anything, he looked like Alfie. Not the other way round.

"I'm not Hayley. I know you think I am, but I promise, I'm really not." Celeste's voice was soft as she tried to get the vampire to understand, Elijah's eyes warming as he looked at her.

"I don't know what they've done to your head Hayley, but I promise I'll fix it." The Doctor refrained from rolling his eyes, a habit he picked up from his bonded. This vampire really is not understanding at all and both Time Lords were starting to lose their patience. "Now hand her over to me, otherwise both of you will find your heads separated from your bodies."

"Mmm you vampires, so arrogant." Alfie sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Elijah snarled and sped forward, not seeing the Time Lord's eyes flare silver. The vampire forcibly slowed down; his eyes wide as he feels himself not able to move fast. "I could just trap you here in a little time bubble and leave you to die, how would you like that?"

"Now now Alfie, what do we say about violence."

"Stab first, ask questions later."

"Always use when wanted."

The Doctor just stared at Celeste and Alfie; exasperation written all over his face at their answers. He couldn't even formulate a response.

"Wow, he's speechless for once." Celeste giggled, not noticing the longing look in Elijah's eyes as he watched her.

"You never cease to amaze me love." Alfie smiled, giving his bonded a small loving kiss on the lips. He savoured the moment before reluctantly turning back to Eliah, his eyes darkening. "Now, go fetch your brother little vamp. We have some business to discuss."

"I'm an original, have some respect." Elijah growled, a small cold chuckle leaving the Doctor as he loses the last of his patience.

"We're Lords of Time, have some fear."

******************

A dark beast skulks in the shadows, its shining red eyes fixed on its target. Unaware of her approaching fate, a young woman hums to herself happily as she strolls down the street, a basket of flowers at her side.

"I'll be fine Henry, I'm on my way home now." The man on the other end of the phone said something, a small giggle escaping the woman.

Low growls escaped the beast before it leaped forward, pouncing upon its target. Its sharp teeth ripped into the woman's throat, silencing her screams of agony. With blood dripping from the beast's mouth, it leaves the now dead woman and moves back into the shadows.