Gridlock

"Just one trip. That's what I said. One trip in the Tardis, and then home. Although I suppose we could stretch the definition. Take one trip into past, one trip into future. How do you fancy that?"

"No complaints from me." Celeste and Alfie nod at the Doctor, only cementing Martha's words further. 

"How about a different planet?" Alfie suggests, placing a soft kiss on Celeste's head as he sits next to her. 

"Can we go to yours?" The young medical student looks at Alfie and the Doctor hopefully, a small wince appearing on Celeste's face. Feeling both of her bonded's distress, Celeste sends comfort and love down the bond to both of them, hoping it will console them both a little. 

"Ah, there's plenty of other places." Pain flooded the Doctor's fake cheery voice, the older Time Lord not meeting Martha's eyes. He walked around the console, moving so he was closer to Celeste and could get physical comfort from her. 

"Come on, though. I mean, planet of the Time Lords. That's got to be worth a look. What's it like? Have you been?" Martha asks Celeste, not noticing how she was comforting both of her bonded, holding their hands tightly. 

"I haven't been but it's beautiful" Celeste's voice was soft, her eyes boring into Martha as she silently tells her to shut up. 

"Is it like, you know, outer space cities, all spires and stuff?" 

"I suppose it is."

"Mart-" Celeste got interrupted by the excited woman, a small sight escaping her lips. 

"Great big temples and cathedrals!"

"Yeah." Alfie's voice was quiet, his sadness obvious. 

"Lots of planets in the sky?"

"The sky's a burnt orange, with the Citadel enclosed in a mighty glass dome, shining under the twin suns...." The Doctor trailed off, his voice wistful as he stared up at the ceiling of the Tardis, his mind of a world far away from Earth. 

"....Beyond that, the mountains go on forever. Slopes of deep red grass, capped with snow." Alfie finished the other Time Lord's thoughts, his face solemn as he thought about the place he barely called home. He may be from Gallifrey but he found his home within Celeste and the Doctor now, the beautiful planet holding nothing but a life he would of never been able to have. 

"Can we go there?" Martha looked at the three hopefully, her eyes wide at the description she just heard. 

"Where's the fun for us?" The Doctor leaps up, grabbing Celeste's hand on gently pulling her towards the door. "We don't want to go home. Instead, this is much better. Year five billion and fifty-three, planet New Earth. Second hope of mankind. Fifty thousand light years from your old world, and we're slap bang in the middle of New New York. Although, technically it's the fifteenth New York from the original, so it's New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York. One of the most dazzling cities ever built."