The Wolves of New Orleans Part Five

Celeste walked back inside the Tardis, after having just said goodbye to Klaus. The vampire had used the device the Doctor made to rid any traces of the Merzost's, something that had taken a lot more effort than expected.

Alfie was sat on the pilot's seat, his head in his hand's as the Doctor ran a diagnostic test on him. The young Time Lord was horrified at how he had taken ahold of his girlfriend and manipulated her powers like that. He had hurt her, his bonded, he wouldn't ever be able to forgive himself.

"Alfie." Celeste spoke softly, approaching him quietly. She took his head in her hands, bringing him up to look at her. "It was a mistake, I understand. And I know it's not your fault."

"Celeste...." He trailed off, gaze meeting the Doctor's. The older Time Lord hadn't said a thing to Alfie since they returned to the Tardis, quietly enraged that Alfie hurt their bonded. "You can't forgive me love, I hurt you, that can never be forgiven. I used and controlled you. Don't you understand? You can't forgive me for that. You never can."

Tears filled Celeste's eyes at his sorrowful tone, a small sad smile on her face.

"But that's exactly why I can Alfie. Because I know that it wasn't you. You didn't do that to me, it was something else. And I will always know that you, my bonded, my love, will never hurt me intentionally." Celeste was on her knee's in front of him, her hands cupping his face as she stroked his cheek. "My silly Time Lord, I will never stop loving you and I will always forgive you."

Sadness mixed with relief filled Alfie's face and he gently kissed her, conveying everything he couldn't say into that one moment.

The Doctor coughs, the pair pulling away. A small amused smile makes it way onto Celeste's face as Alfie stands up, looking fondly at her.

"I'm going to have a rest in my room, I'll see you later feisty" At Celeste's nod and smile, Alfie leaves, not meeting the Doctor's gaze.

Celeste walks to the Doctor, wrapping her arms around his waist as she hugs him. Immediately he hugs her back, resting his chin on her head.

"He hurt you." His voice was quiet, contained anger simmering beneath his words. Celeste just sighed, listening to both of the Doctor's hearts.

"He wasn't in his right mind, not after having those hallucinations."

"It doesn't matter."

At the Doctor's words, the pair remain silent, taking comfort in each other's presence. The Time Lord held onto his bonded, stroking her hair as he looks at the results for Alfie's diagnostic test.

Alfie really wasn't in his right mind.

Someone else was.