6.

Cory

Life hasn't been so bad down here. I wonder if it will last long though. Or if they start to catch on. Catch onto to the 4 dead bodies, the disappearances of Tyler and Dean. The party we went to the other night. It all should be kept private, for now it is anyway. But what would ever happen if that goes out into the public.?

"You drive around a Porsche dude" Jake smacks my shoulder in line for coffee. "Yeah" ... "I know" I say and he rolls his eyes. "What?" ... "since when did you have the time and money for a Porsche" he asks and I smile. "Cory" he crosses his arms. "Hiro made me okay" i sigh. "Hiro. Hazels dad, he got you a red Porsche."

"Believe it or not, but yes ... he did. It's his money not mine." We both know that I could never afford such a rich car. Such a powerful, reckless car. The thing is ... Hiro has been offering me his money for ages now. I wanted no part in it until the car. Now, if I need something I usually just get it or the money for it. This is due to Hiro probably feeling sorry for me like Amanda does. Or, could be because of many other reasons."

"So, another mention" Jake sits beside me by the table at the cafe we're in. "What?" ... "Ellie and I did it again" he pauses, "last night" and I chuckle. "Brilliant, do I need the details" i tell him and he nods his head. "No seriously, this is definitely not as bad as we thought it would be." "I imagined it being this awful version of home" he continues and all I do is listen. "It's not though, it's a little better" he smiles.

"The only thing I'd change is school" i tell him and he nods his head again. "Fuck yes" ... "Why would anyone want to be apart of summer school. I don't get it." Is all i say before he steals the show again. Jake has a habit of doing that. He has a habit of butting in and being himself, this brooding guy who knows it all too well.

"I wish there was a way to rid that place" Jake sighs and drinks his black coffee and i drink mine while thinking. Maybe there is a way to do that. Maybe there are ways in which we could not go to school. Calling in sick won't do. We need something extreme. Something that will definitely throw them off their rocket. Of course, I'm not saying that I'll do anything drastic ... but after all, I am a cold hearted person. So maybe, just maybe ... something drastic it would have to be.

"You set the fucking school on fire" Haze whisper yells. Ellie remains put beside her and watches the school in flames. "It's not that big of a deal" Jake buts in and i turn him away. "Listen, now we can actually have a summer. We don't have to now go to school, for no reason and now we can do other things. Cool things." Ellie, she smiles to herself ... "we can go to the beach, you can teach us how to swim." Jake hits the back of my head gently but I turn to face him.

"What?" ... "don't tell them that" he yells. "What, that we can't swim? But we can't, we don't have beaches down the bad side. We have shallow lakes, we can walk in them... nothing else" i tell the girls and Ellie now faces us. "You best hope that you don't get caught" she pauses, "your also lucky that no one got inured" she says. "How did you even manage to even set the place on fire?" Haze tilts her head and I smile to the floor ... "long story".

I covered the toaster in the kitchen and the heater in the principles office. Then, I run down the corridor left the gloves to be burned with the walls and set the alarm off. Now, I'm here ... standing beside Jake and he seems ever so happy. "Told you" ... "there was many ways" i say. He chuckles and looks toward me, "like setting the whole fucking school on fire" ... "because how did I never think of that?"

The fireengies and fire-people do their best but they can't save the school. So, now ... summer school is over. We are back at Hazes house and sat around the table for no reason. "Well there isn't much to do now" Hiro pauses, then checks the newspaper. "You guys don't have school no more" i smile, "why on gods greens earth would someone burn down a school" he says to the newspaper and I turn to face him. "Wait" ... "someone burned down the school" I ask, but he shakes his head then gives me the paper.