20.

Haze

"Your favourite place" i ask him while he's holding onto my arm. I'm walking the train line while he walks beside me. I'm a little higher than him. He watches the floor and then toward him I'm the summer blue sky. No clouds out. "This place" he says, "I haven't been anywhere else" he finishes.

"Well I would've thought it be the hotel we just got back from" i ask him and he still holds my hand in case I fall. "No, even though Lotus Inn is a close second" he watches me and I continue to balance on the train line I'm walking on. "That's nice" i say ... "my favourite place is my bedroom."

He chuckles to the floor as I jump down from the train line in front of him, "wonder why" he asks and I giggle. I walk beside him and end up meeting up with Jake and Ellie who are arguing beside the track, we are still on the good side. Cory made sure that I didn't even slip onto the bad side just in case.

They continue to argue about god knows what before Ellie walks away from Jake, Jake tries to catch up to her because she has no sense on where she is going. Cory calls out to her but she ignores him and keeps walking. "Ellie the track" i try to warn her but she walks over it with ease, without a trace of thought.

She's now on the bad side, we watch her from the good side. "Just come back over here" Cory offers his hand and Ellie stands still in fear, tears down her face. "Please" i say as she finally sighs and goes to walk. However, all we hear after was loud sounds of gunshots and one goes straight though Ellie's shoulder. She falls to the floor with the impact of the bullet.

Jake immediately runs over in fear. Cory holds me behind him while trying to find the shooter in the distance by there is no luck. Jake carries Ellie, who's alive but wounded. "We need to get her to a hospital" he says and Cory nods his head. "Follow Haze" he turns to me and I blink from the floor and begin my way toward the hospital.

"Is it even walking distance" Jake questions me and I shake my head. Cory rolls his eyes and then opens the car, we all get in and i give Cory directions to the hospital. Once there, they take Ellie and we don't see her for at least an hour later. She's okay and her shoulder was saved. She got lucky.

"What was the argument about" Cory asks Jake who is say beside her, holding her hand, while she sleeps. "Nothing" ... "she thought that I was planning on hurting her so she ran away" he says. "What does that even mean?" Cory sits beside me and watches Jakes change in presence. "It means that she thought I was over her or something" ... "are you" i ask him. He shakes his head. "No" ... "I can never be bored of her."

Cory smiles to the floor and then looks toward the door as the doctor comes in to check up on things. Ellie is stable amd should be able to leave within 3 days. So that's good, we're glad. Whoever shot her must of come so out of protection, thinking that she's a threat from the good side. They had a reason for it, unless the reason behind it was just because they were as murderous as Cory and Jake.

Well... no one can be as murderous as them. No can beat them. They still murder without anyone, minus me, knowing anyway. I should tell my mother or the police but I choose not too because it's all they know. If it's wrong, but all they know and if they are trying to fit in, then I'll keep it secret for however long possible. Even if it's wrong on my behalf.

Ellie's eyes open and close, then open again and she takes her hand back from Jake. Jake sighs beside her, I stand up and walk over and gently stroke her head behind her ear. She smiles, "your here" she says and I nod my head. "We all are and your parents are on their way" i tell her and she freezes up. "Don't worry, they don't know you've been shot. We told them that you accidentally impaled yourself in the junk yard" i say.

She giggles and sits up, accessing her wound and smiles over at Cory. Cory waves, "alright there sleepy head" he asks and she flips him off, that's our Ellie. She turns to Jake and just gives him the look, the look off a girl who's been hurt. The 'what the fuck are you even doing here' look. Jake just shakes his head and smiles to the floor, "if you hadn't of ran away from me, then you'd understand that I never planned to hurt you" he says.

"Well you did, and look where it got me" she gestures around the hospital room. He nods his head. "I'm sorry" he says and she shrugs her shoulders and then makes a look of pain after doing so. "It's okay, but at least I can tell everyone I'm as badass as I look now. I got shot and lived." She flexes her left mussel and Cory chuckles to himself. "That's not so,etching to be proud of Ellie" i mention but she ignores it. I guess it's her way of coping.

We decide to leave her stay with Jake as awkward as it is. Me and Cory end up going back to my p,ace and stay in the basement together. Come to think about it, we're always together. Sometimes I wonder if he means it, if he actually means to always be around me or if he's just accepted now. Maybe he doesn't like me and just thinks I'm too in love with him that he pity's me, hence why he keeps me around. Maybe I'm an easy target, sex toy, I don't know... but I don't mind it.
I want his company, I didn't know what to think of him before. I murderous lunatic living in my basement, but now there's something brewing. Something I find intriguing, something that I find I want more than anything. I've always said to myself that my love life is fucked up, this rocks the boat. Me falling for the serial killer... that just shows just how mad I am. How crazy I am. How fucked up my love life actually is, and that, I don't even mind it.