29.

Cory

"I admit to the torcher of 2 victims, the other 4 Jake had done them." I sit in the interrogating room without Jake, he's currently in a cell. Cooper decided to do this separate. He walks around me trying to intimidate me, which isn't working. It's just making him look like a bigger asshole. It's helping my ego.

"Okay, and the robberies" he asks and I roll my eyes. He really thinks that everything I've done is a crime now. This is just so then he can put me behind bars cause he has some grudge on me. Which is probably going to happen now that I am here. "45 rest on me, the other 33 are all on Jake" is all that I say. "And the murders together" ...

"We help each other tidy up the evidence and rid the bodies. Together we have murdered 21 people. Separately though, I am not accountable to those killings that I never done." He finally sits down, very agitated. I smile to myself, of course. "However your an accomplice to those killings, since helping Jake rod the bodies and tidy up the evidence" he says and i tense up again.

"As is he when it came to my killings" i tell him and he nods and looks down at my hands in cuffs. The cuffs that I let him put on me. He didn't win here. I'm just making him think that he is. "So your both guilty of the same thing here, so why are you putting up such a fight about it."

"I'd be less of a man if i didn't" ... "No. You'd own up to your wrongdoings" he says. "I am not owning up to me killing 21 people" ... "I am owning up to killing 13." "The other 8 all rest on Jake" i say and stare right at him. He tenses up, trying to act hard. "And he ain't fucking here" i smile.

——

Jake

"Hey" i yell again at the police man spinning in a chair eating a donut. "Asshole" i yell. "How's my boy doing" i ask because Cory is stuck in that tiny room he's guarding. "Why don't you use your voice" ... "you big pathetic lump of clay" i tell him and he puts a sock in my mouth. I gag but cannot remove the sock. Perfect.

I sit back down and mood myself into a ball and then remove the sock from my mouth, with great difficulty but I put it with the other 6 socks he's tried to shut me up with. "Your very smart, but I'm smarter. I'm going to tell you a story, now sit back and relax cause this is a show stopper." The police man rolls his eyes. "Back in 1999" -

———

An hour passes by and Cory finally leaves the room with cooper. He doesn't look like he's aged, if anything it looks younger. "Hey buddy" i smile, the police man has fallen asleep. I've bored him. That was my plan. I made the entire story up. What cooper doesn't know is that this door, to the cell is actually unlocked. I can open it. I nod my head at Cory, he smiles and then turns back around to cooper.

"What" cooper asks and Cory just flips him off. "Now" Cory yells and i open the cell door and we both run out of the station, cooper chases after us. Cory goes into a police car and I'm in the passenger seat. Aw man, really. Seriously. Damn it!

Cory drives off, and tries to stir the car with the handcuffs on. He drives through the good side and into the bad side, we pick up the girls. They were still there, at our old place. They stuck to their word. It's only been 3 hours. Cory drives out of Railwood and finally rids coopers police car. He's lost us.

"Where are you taking us?" Else asks and Cory shrugs, "i don't know ... around" he says. "Around" haze speaks up. "Yeah, maybe we can go back to the Lotus Inn, I don't know. Live for the ride." Haze slumps into her seat and Ellie giggles. "Cheer up" i say.