7.

Jake

Imagine this... okay. Someone who you knew your whole entire life, who took you in when you was 9. Who has raised us in his wicked ways. Imagine a man, an elder more unhygienic looking man like Cory. I call him my dad myself... Imagine that you get one chance to go back to your hometown, to visit him and he isn't even fucking there.

Where could he be? He hasn't moved from his sat in position outside of the house, if you can even call it a house, for years. Me and Cory did believe that he was stuck there forever, more or less super glued to the fucking wall. Yet, here we stand outside the house and he isn't there. He's gone. He's left. He's disappeared and hasn't told us where to look for him. Does he even want us too?

"We left him here" Cory points to where his dad should be, and I shrug my shoulders. "Dude hasn't moved" he pauses and bends down to examine the situation some more. His bag is still there, his old newspapers and his pillow and his leftovers, left over food and cans of beer. We can't give him glass, Cory made that a rule when we give him a glass bottle and he almost killed us with it. Lesson learned.

"This sucks" i cross my arms toward him. He turns and sits on the ground, leant against the wall of our house. "How come he isn't here, is he inside" i open the door to an empty house, that looks like it hasn't even been touched. "He isn't in sight" i sigh and walk back out to see Cory still sat on the floor. "Right. I know this is all confusing but should we get back before they realise we're gone" i tell him and he shakes his head.

"Cory" i pause and sit beside him. "We will find him, okay. Now we got to get back before midnight." If Amanda or Hiro see that Cory isn't in the house when they lock the flap then that's us being involved in a lot more police drama than we already are in now. "I just can't get my head around it" he speaks, finally. "For someone who we thought wasn't mobile" ... "to him finally calling it quits."

"Do you think that he actually left us" he turns to face me and i take his shoulder and frown. Why would he think that? "No" is all i say and he turns back. "Well, that could be why we're over there and not here." He does have a point. Maybe this was all planned after all. "I mean" he fidgets around, "my dad wouldn't actually want us to do this right. Surely he would of just told them to fuck off" he says and I chuckle.

"Typical of your father" i say. "Our father" he smiles. "I know majority of the time I call him my dad but he is still your father too" he tells and I nod my head. "I get it, we're brothers..." he doesn't need to reassure me. I know, for a fact that if he goes down, I go down. We go down together, stand together and fight together. That's what it's always been like for survival.

For the past couple of weeks though, it hasn't been that hectic. That chaotic. It's been easy more or less. We haven't had to use violence. We haven't had to scream at people or threaten them as much. We put people in their place and still use our wicked ways of violence, thank you our dad, but still. I would of thought that if anything, we'd be locked up by now.

"The saddest part is that no one even knew his name" Cory sighs and i nod my head again. "Everyone just sore him as a criminal, then as a druggy, then as a sick old man." He has, yet, another point because all that was true. I have never actually heard anyone say his name other than us when we mention him as a person and not as the title we call him.

Kieran Stevens. That's his name. Kieran Cory Stevens, now when you think why is Cory called Cory... well, now you know. "Where's your old man" a voice from the alley speaks and we both face where it came from. It sounded slurred like the man was drunk. It sounded deep like he was from around here and raspy as though he was a man in his 50s.

"Who want to know" Cory stands up and I watch him, but stay in place. "Me" he comes from the darkness and stands in the dimmed light. It's daytime but the lighting is dimmed unless your in the dark or out in the open. "Brooke" Cory scoffs. "What do you want with my father" he asks and Brooke immediately removes a knife from his pocket. This is where I stand up. Cory isn't phased though, he stands leant on the wall and i have my hand gripped around my gun just in case.