8.

Cory

"Can i ask you a question?" Haze awaits my answer sat beside me on the sofa. A nod is all I do, "well" ... she taps my shoulder lightly and I nod again this time followed by "yeah" ... "sure go on". She smiles and then looks down, this is something she's been bottling. Something she's been hiding. Has to be. "Why did you help me" ... "back on the beach, after seeing Logan" she pauses. "Your ex" i correct her, she needs to start accepting it for what it is now. The assholes getting married and expecting a baby.

"Yeah, why'd you help though. You could've done nothing." ... "but I did something" I smile. She watches me and that's when I shake my head, "it was the nicest thing to do, so in the moment I just did it." "Thank you" ... "your welcome" with a chuckle I get back to watching the tv, it's the only thing to do and she sits beside me reading a book.

It's brought to my attention that Haze isn't no innocent after all. She blinks at the piece of paper and turns, fidgets, little moans now and then along with sudden sighs. "What are you reading?" ... "your very flustered" i tell and she removes her eyes from within the book and then pouts. "Nothing" ... "doesn't seem like nothing" i pause, "it seems like you want to be the main character" i tease. "So what if I do. That's a reason why people love to read you know. To be involved within the actual story".

"You have a point" ... "so is that why you don't read? You don't dwell on being involved is random stories" she pauses and I shake my head again. "Why, did Logan ever pleasure you?" Her face downs. She gets sad all of a sudden and turns away. "Shit" ... "he never did, that's low." "It's a reason for why we broke up, because I wasn't never ready and he only wanted the intimate stuff." I turn the tv off, now it's time to actually make it seem like I'm interested and understanding. Being there for her.

"Well it's time you come out of your comfort zone" ... "but I like my comfort zone" she tells while I steal her book. Looking through the pages, I get why she was so flustered. No wonder why she was acting up, she's in the midst of a smut scene. "Sex" ... she nods her head. "You naughty girl" ... "Wanna be the main character". I smile, reading the only thing I'll allow myself to read. "This is some priceless shit" ... she rolls her eyes. "No wonder" i pause and she grabs the book back. "Stop" ... "stop it" she says and I chuckle.

"This is embarrassing" .... "Why" i pause again, "it's a common and natural thing Haze. Everyone has sex. Well ... almost everyone." She smacks my shoulder this time and then closes the book. "No I'm serious" ... "I can't believe you read that" she tells. She lays back on the sofa and I stay exactly where I am. I'm comfortable here, so I am not moving. Even if her parents, or just her mother walk through the door. Or if anyone does for that matter, I am staying put. "You know" ... I look away with a smirk. "You are the main character" ... "own it".

Ellie

"Sit" he instructs and I do so ... but beside my father with a smile. "Little fucker" Jake mumbles and my mother hits his shoulder. "You don't mean it" ... "yeah, you don't want to be left in the junkyard again" i tease and he crosses his arms, "I prefer the junkyard" he says and lays his head back. I roll my eyes and look toward my father who has a smile on his face. I'm happy that they're happy about Jake. That they like him. However, they don't know who he actually is. Every time a question is asked I'm the one to either reply or change the subject.

I don't want to ruin the bond between my parents and my potential boyfriend. Even if whenever the term boyfriend/girlfriend gets brought up we say we're just friends. That leads to us having sex when or if they are there. Jake always says when they are here though that I've got to be quiet but then fucks me harder then he does when we're alone. It's the thrill of it he enjoys ... of me slipping up, of being caught.