30.

Cory

We make a pit stop half way to Lotus Inn. It got moved from the broken old place to a new giant mansion, on the outskirts of Railwood. It makes it easier for us to hide out there. That wasn't the reason why they moved though it was because the old place was ... well old. They needed a new change. A bigger, a greater, a better place.

Quiet, doesn't happen for too long. Ellie and Jake are in the garage shop and I'm stood outside filling the police car up with petrol. Trying to act cool and cover up the handcuffs. Haze just sits in the car with her window down. "Why didn't you say anything" i ask her. "When I got taken by cooper" ... "did you want me to make a scene" she says. "Yes" i say.

"You could be cared at least just a little bit" i tell her and she rolls her yes. "I care too much about you Cory. Look where I am right now. I wouldn't be here if I didn't care." "You wouldn't be here if you hadn't meddled, you mean" ... "I enjoy meddling. I wanted to get to know the real you." "Well this is the real me, handcuffs are an accessory."

She gets out of the car and stands there, just watching me. Police sirens are heard in the background, Ellie amd Jake are still in the garage. When the police cars come from each corner into the petrol station, that's when I knew we were busted. But there is a chance in still winning.

"Get back into the car" i whisper and he shakes her head. "What are you doing" - "get back into the car, Hazel" i tell her and she just rolls her eyes. "You aren't seeing the bigger picture" ... "what bigger picture, is there a bigger picture than this" i whisper yell at her. Police men all walking, armed toward us. Mainly toward me.

"I'm a serial killer Hazel" ... "what do you want from me" i say, I am so frustrated right now. "You, I want you" she yells and i smack my head and just watch her. "Why, why do you want me?" "Why not?" She says, she isn't even phased that we are getting armed down by police right now. Ellie and Jake watch from inside the garage. Staying put. The best thing for them to do. I just look down at haze. All she does is smile, "I guess I'm just as insane as you are..."