28.

Jake

It's not that hard, right. To turn the tv off instead of turning it up. Me and Cory don't need to know that the serial killer has attacked 15 other people. All victims of brutal death. "Turn it off" haze tells her father and he does so. Amanda then sighs in her char and turns to Cory with a look. The look that Cory shook his head too. Even she isn't confide that it is him, isn't us.

"It is not me" he says again. Amanda smiles, as does hazes father. "Listen, now I ain't saying that you are behind the killings Cory. I just think that we need the mindset of a serial killer, to catch the serial killer" she says. In that moment in time, she has never been more right. She's correct. We need to think like serial killers, or I'm this case, be serial killers in order to catch the guy behind the victims.

"I think he isn't from Railwood" Cory says and Haze turns from the tv and tilts her head. "We know every killer already, and they ain't as well rooted as me." "He's right" ... "this guy definitely is new" i chime in and Ellie nods. "If he's new, then where is he from. We need a City or a town." "Maybe he moved down here for a change of scenery, or maybe because he's being wanted in another country." "That means that we have to go through every potential serial killer in the entire universe. We will catch the serial killer, in our after death" Cory says and I roll my eyes.

"Got a better idea" Ellie says and he nods. Of course he does. "We sneak into the police station and grab all the news they have on the killer" he says and Haze nods her head. "That's good" she says. "We can use it to our advantage" she smiles, and Cory nods and grabs his wallet and heads for the door. "Oh you mean now, now" I walk toward him and he chuckles and opens the door.

Ellie and Haze following on after, as Amanda and Hazes father are left alone in the house. They didn't have a say in this at all. When we get to the police station, Haze helps us get past the security and the reception. Cory then, picks the lock and gets the door to open. We all secretly enter the room of evidence and go through the isles. "Look for my name" cory says. "The evidence would be under me" he adds in.

Within an hour or two we finally got the evidence found in Corys section. "Seriously" haze says and shakes her head. "I know right, ridiculous" Ellie chimes in. "Let's just go, we got what we came here for" cory says and puts his phone back in his pocket and then runs to the front door. When we have left the station we walk to the rail track and walk to the bad side. We are extra careful that the girls don't get shot, they don't.

We walk to our old house and enter, that's where we gather all of the evidence on Corys phone. "So he strangled and then dismembers them" haze says. "How does it add up to you" Ellie asks and Cory shrugs, "I think cooper just wants a reason to have me behind bars." "I never dismembered my victims. I always buried them." "Okay, so we also know that he doesn't have a weapon." Me and Cory high five and he puts his phone back in his pocket, there's a knock at the door and Haze goes to answer it.

She opens the door, to cooper stood with an evil smile on his face. "Got ya Stevens" he says and Cory rolls his eyes. "Do coke in, I'll make you some tea... with poison in it." Cooper walks in and closes the door behind him. "You don't have too" ... "but I do want to know what you were doing in the room of evidence" he asks. "I never was in the room of evidence" ... "your on the security cameras" he says. I bang my head onto the fridge door, why dod we forget about the cameras.

"Alright fine, I wanted to know why you were pinning the killings on me" ... "because the killings are of your doing" he crosses his arms. "No" ... "the killings are not done by me." "If they aren't done by your hands, then why we're you there with the evidence?" Cory clenches his fists. "Would you want to see the evidence against you if you were wrongfully pinned on killings" he says and cooper drops his arms.

"I will not have you win Cory" he says and grabs handcuffs from his back pocket. Cory just shakes his head. "Dont make this hard" ... "just wear them" he says and Hazes reaction immediately turns Cory. She isn't even scared for him, she isn't even looking like she's sorry. She just looks emotionless. Like she saw this coming and chose not to act on it. Cory puts his hands together and cooper cuffs them. He then turns to me with a smile.

"Oh of course" ... "you got an extra pair" i smile and put my hands together and he cuffs them. Ellie stands i front of me and blocks cooper, "what are you doing?" "No man left behind" i say and follow Cory out. Haze stood in the corner, doing nothing. Ellie walks out, "what do you expect we do just stand and wait here" she pouts. "That'll be lovely" i say before getting into the police car.

She watches as cooper drives me and Cory out of the bad side and back to the station. Now, this was all apart of the plan. The plan we didn't tell the girls about. Now this is where the fun begins.