Chapter 16

Harry’s P.O.V

Where was Rosie?! I’ve been sitting at the lunch table she always sits at. Did she forget to meet me? Or, did she just not want to hear what I had to say?

I’m just about to give up and go sit at my usual seat with my friends, when I saw Rosie walking in. She sits down across from me and immediately gives me a ‘what do you want?’ face.

“Well hello to you too” I joke. She rolls her eyes, indicating that I am annoying her. “I don’t know where to start with all of this…okay, first off, I’m just going to say this, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for doing anything that I hurt you. I never ever want to, or intend to hurt you or hurt our friendship. I was confused, and I still am. I didn’t even mean to get you sad. Look, I guess what I’m trying to is that even though I just met you not too long ago, I want us to be friends, not only friends but best friends. There’s something different about you, something that I can’t quite put my finger on, but I know that it’s something special. I thought about that note you handed to me, but I seriously have no idea what it means, so how about we just start all over?”

I put my hand out stretching across the table. “Hi Rosie, I’m Harry. Harry Hunter” I smile cheekily, knowing that she would cave. After about a few awkward seconds, she shakes my hand, smiling.

I was forgiven…again. I grin widely, happy that I had my best friend back. Speaking of friends… oh yeah! Mike wanted me to invite Rosie to the party! I quickly speak up again.

“So my friend is having a party and he wanted me to invite you. I think you know him, does Mike ring a bell?” Her smile immediately drops and forms into a frown.

“Rosie are you okay? You don’t seem too excited.”  She gets her notebook out and starts to write. I was now used to her always getting her notebook out to jot down something.

She’s done writing after a few seconds. She hands the notebook to me that says ‘No, I don’t want to go.’ What?! I thought she would say yes. “Why not?” I say with a confused tone in my voice. She takes the notebook again and writes ‘I just don’t want to.’ I sigh, knowing that I was going to have to beg. Good think I’m a good persuader.

“Oh come on Rosie, that’s a lie! I know that you would love to go, what’s the real reason you don’t want to go?”

She takes about a minute, thinking of what to write, I suppose. She finally writes ‘Fine, the reason I don’t want to go is because Mike and his gang aren’t the kindest people I’ve met. Last time they invited me to a party, it was a prank. They dumped fruit punch all over me and no one stood up for me. They were all just laughing as I quickly ran off.’

I look at Rosie, who has tears rolling down her cheeks. Oh god, I’m the worst at comforting people, but here I go.

I rub her back trying to calm her down. “I’m really sorry Rosie. Nobody should ever have to experience that kind of humiliation. But, time can change people. I mean, they probably feel really guilty that they did that to you. I bet that’s why they want to make it up to you. And you should let them. If not for them, for me! I really want my best friend with me. So could you please go? You won’t even have to talk to them ­– well in your case, write.” I beg her with a sympathetic smile and puppy dog eyes.

She stares at me for a while before laughing really hard. “What?” I ask thinking that she’s lost it. She writes in her notebook yet again, and hands it to me. ‘You’re really childish’ it says. I narrow my eyes at her, “so is that a yes?” She rolls her eyes but then, hesitantly nods. I jump out of my chair and hug her tightly. “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!” I overreact. She manages to pry me off of her.

After about twenty minutes of babbling on and on about pointless things, the bell rings. I quickly get to Rosie before she leaves the cafeteria. “Oh, and Rosie, just saying, we’re going dress shopping after school before the party, okay? Okay.” I say before quickly leaving before she can argue.

............................................

Lol this chapter was really long, well to me at least. I'll try posting more often now since i have a vacation right now.

okay well i don't have anything to say, so bye for now my little penguins *awkward hug* okay bye now :)