Chapter 6

Rosie’s P.O.V

I wake, realizing that once again, I have dreamt about that night. ‘Oh well’ I think.

 I hop in the shower and wait about a minute to go in, so it’ll be nice and warm. I take about a 20 minute shower. I had already taken the liberty to lay out my clothes before I took a shower. Anyway, I start to change into my school clothes.

 I wear a really pretty shirt that’s long sleeved with a cardigan and it’s black and white. Then, I get black skinny jeans with high, black, combat boots. I leave my hair in its natural waves. I apply minimal makeup. I put on some black eyeliner near my hazel eyes, mascara, and lip-gloss. I laugh at myself when I see my reflection in the mirror. Other girls my age (17) are all fake, well most of them.

 I remember when my old friends and I would always make fun of those fake blondes. Now, my old friends (Jessica and Mackenzie) are those people.  ‘Pfft what hypocrites’ I think to myself.

I then remember to get my black sweater. No, it’s not cold out, but I don’t want anyone to make fun of my appearance - like always. I cover the expensive shirt that my foster mom picked out, and go downstairs.

 When I get downstairs, my “parents” are eating breakfast. “Do you want to any breakfast?” my foster dad asks. I shake my head, “okay suit yourself” he says while flipping a page of his newspaper. I don’t mind my foster dad; I like him better than my Aria because he actually gives me the space I need.

 “Do you need a ride?” because I have to go to the office early today” my foster mom says bluntly without even greeting me saying good morning or anything like that. I shake my head again, knowing that the car ride would just be awkward anyway. “Okay well than go now, or you’ll be late again!”

 I grab my bag and walk out the door. ‘Glad that’s over with.’ I really didn’t feel like dealing with everyone today, so I decided I would skip school.

As I am walking the other way, the one opposite from the school, I see Jessica and Mackenzie. I quicken my pace before they would be able to see me. I suddenly bump into a hard chest.

 I fall down, scared that if I look up, it’ll just be another bully.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there!” I see a hand reaching to help me up. After, hesitating deciding if this was a trick, I risk it and take the hand, smiling indicating that I was ok.  “Hi, my name’s Harry, I’m new to this school” he says while pointing to the building behind me. I just stare blankly at him.

 I hate meeting new people questions, and if you’ve forgotten – I don’t talk! After a long awkward pause he asks me something that got me tense.” “So do you go to school here?” I nod quickly knowing that he probably already figured out that I’m skipping.

 “And let me guess – you’re skipping right?” I softly chuckle and nod my head again seeing the expression on his face.  He puts his bag down and stares at me, “okay, well than where are we headed to?” he says grinning. ‘Wow, he would actually skip school on his first day?!’ I thought to myself. I shrug because even I don’t know where we’re going.

 “Even though I don’t know anyone here, I think you’re what’s known as the ‘Quiet Girl’ – but don’t worry that’s going to change he says before winking playfully. I couldn’t help but laugh at his comment. ‘Well this is going to be fun’ I think.