Chapter 5- The Flashback

Rosie’s P.O.V

~Flashback~

“No mom, please don’t make me go!” I plead faking a pout.  “Rosie I can’t leave you here alone, it’s dangerous. “ I’m seventeen, mom! I babysit all the time, why would this be any different?!

My mom looks at me with a stern look on her face, “I’m sorry Rosie, but you’re coming, and that’s my final word. Now go upstairs and change into something nice, I laid out a dress for you.”

“Fine” I say with a whiny voice. When my mom says its final- she really means it. I walk into my room and smile when I see the dress on my bed. My mom really gets me; she knows my style of clothes.

I pick up the dress and stare at it. It was so beautiful. It was a short- but not too short, black ruffled dress. It had a sweetheart neckline, and had a pink belt with one strap that was also hot pink. I usually don’t wear pink, but when it’s on a dress this pretty- it’s hard to hate it.

I take a shower letting the hard drops of water go onto my sensitive skin. It took me about fifteen minutes to shower, which is weird because it usually takes me longer. I had to move fast because I was rushing.

I put my long black hair into curly locks. Then, I found a hair elastic and put my hair into a side ponytail. After that, I started to put my makeup on. I put on a light coat of foundation, some black eyeliner, a dark grey eyeshadow, false eyelashes, some pinkish reddish blush on my high cheekbones, and bright red lipstick.

 I don’t usually overdue any of my makeup, but we were meeting a private school for people who sing. I love to sing, but I’m scared that the principal would want to hear me. I have stage fright, but I’m trying to get over it little by little.

 After I applied my makeup, I finally went over to my bed and got the dress. I put it on, then looked at myself from my full-length mirror. I actually looked…beautiful.

The dress fit perfectly on my body, showing the right curves instead of the wrong ones.

Now, I just need my diamond necklace.

I look everywhere, “ugh where is it?!” I give up looking for it and decide ill just ask my parents if they’ve seen it.

As I go down the long flight of stairs, I see that all the lights are off. ‘well that’s weird’ I think to myself. “Hey mom, dad, have you guys seen my-OH MY GOD”.

There beside me, are my parents on the floor with blood splattered all over them and struggling to breath. “wh-wh-who did th-th-this?” I choke out barely whispering with tears in my eyes.

Before they can respond, they pass out.

The ambulance I called barge into the house, seeing me on the ground bawling my eyes out.

 I didn’t care about how I looked. I didn’t care about how my dress was covered in blood, or that my makeup was smudged, and that my hair was a mess.

 I didn’t care about anything in my life other than my parents.

The ambulance somehow takes me to the hospital. I wake up in a hospital bed, knowing exactly what happened last night. That was the day my life changed forever.