Chapter 26

Harry's P.O.V

Right as Mackenzie had said that, my smile faltered and I looked at Rosie for help on what I should do. She looked like she was shocked but then glanced at me. I gave her a look that asked if I had permission or not to tell Kenzie. I think Rosie got what I was doing because she nodded slowly. Well here it goes...

Mackenzie's P.O.V

I see both Rosie and Harry exchange looks before Rosie nods. Why was she nodding to him? What's wrong? Why won't they just tell me who the lady was?

I grew impatient and cleared my throat, as if trying to make them tell me already. Harry just rolled his eyes at me and Rosie was just looking nervous? What was going on?! I asked my question that I had asked about five minutes previously. Harry finally started explaining.

“Uhm...she's Rosie's foster mom.” I was about to chuckle, thinking that they were just trying to joke around, but then I saw Rosie's eyes look glossy. Was she about to cry? Harry also saw Rosie's change of mood I guess because he just took her hand and squeezed it, as if trying to reassure her. My mind was racing with different thoughts about the four words Harry had said. Before I could think any further, I looked back at Harry. “What happened Rosie's parents?” I ask softly. He takes a deep breath before answering. “Mackenzie, they died...they were murdered.” I gasp, then feel tears forming in my eyes. “Who k-killed th-them?” I stutter. Harry glances at Rosie then back at me. “We don't know.” Right after he had said that, I burst into tears.

Rosie's parents were like my parents. I actually thought of them as better parents to me than my own. They were my parents. And Rosie was my sister.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look up from the floor. Rosie's sitting there with a sympathetic, yet sad look. I don't even think twice before getting up and pulling her into a tight hug. I missed her hugs. I missed her. She knew how much I loved them. I knew how much she loved them. After about a few minutes of me crying into her shoulder, I look up and wipe my tears with my sleeve, not even caring about the smeared makeup that's most likely all over my face. “Rosie, is this why you'e mute? Is this why you didn't return Jess's and I's texts and calls?” I know I looked desperate, but I need answers. I've been wanting to know why everything changed.

She nods then looks at Harry looking like she wanted him to explain for her again. He nodded then started to talk again. “Yeah, uh she's mute because she saw them when they were dying so you could say that it scarred her and she was in the hospital, she literally couldn't talk so she thought that you guys would understand that she needed a little space.” I quickly felt a rush of guilt through my body, the kind that I would get whenever anyone from my group, or even me, was mean to her.

“Um Harry, can you give us a minute? I need to talk to Rosie privately.” He understood, but before he left, he turned to Rosie. “I'm going to the bathroom, will you be alright here with Kenzie?” She nods, giving him a slight smile.

Once he leaves, I look back at Rosie and begin. “Ro, I've honestly never felt so guilty and sad and just plain horrible. I'm seriously SO SORRY. I feel like I just stepped on a million kittens then burnt down a hobo's box thingy that they sleep in.” She chuckles lightly at my words but then let's me finish.

“We've been through so much together Ro. We've been best friends for more than ten years. I can’t believe I actually gave that all up just because you avoided me, for a good reason, for two weeks..” I run a hand through my hair before continuing. “I honestly don't know why I've been doing what I've been doing. You didn't deserve any of what me, Jessica, and that whole group were doing. You're the sweetest, kindest, funniest girl out there. I regret everything I ever did to you and I know I'm not going to be forgiven easily, but please, can I just have another chance at being best friends with you?” I ask, hope evident in my voice.

She smiles and is about to nod until someone behind me says “sorry that spot's already taken.” I hear Harry's laughter ringing in my ears after he sees my terrified expression.

“God, Fuzzball, I thought you were a freaking rapist or something!” I hit his arm. He laughs even harder but then looks serious again. “I wasn't kidding though. That spot's been taken” he smirks. I look at him, Rosie, then back at him. “Eh, I don't see you as just best friends.” Now it's my turn to smirk. They both roll their eyes but I see a slight blush creep onto their faces. HA, I knew it.

After I feel satisfied with myself (ha that sounds dirty), I change the subject for both their sake, and mine. “So does this mean we can try again?” I ask, scared that she might not want to. She nods, and I throw her into another hug. “Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise you won't regret this!” I say, grateful that she's actually giving me another chance. She just smiles.

“Well, I think we should get going now, Rosie needs to rest” Harry states. “Yeah, I guess you're right. We should all hang out tomorrow too, maybe watch a movie at your house Ro?” She thinks about it, then nods.

“Okay well let's get going” Harry smiles. As we're leaving, I take a breath I didn’t even know I was holding.

Today has been weird. I found out that the people that treated me better than my own parents were murdered by an unknown murderer that could still be out there. Ugh just that thought makes me shiver.

I also found out that the girl I was best friends with had seen her parents die, became mute, and had became a foster kid.

Wow, I feel horrible. Well on the bright side, at least she agreed to give me another chance.

This time, I won't mess everything up.

............................................

Bonjour! Okay, i have some things to say. 

1. I didn't really agree with any of the cast lists that were sent to me (sorryy) so I'm going to leave it for your imagination until i can think of the perfect-ish cast list.

2. Also, I know I have a messed up schedule, but I'm trying to fix that, I'll let you guys know what days you can (maybe) expect an update. 

3. I didn't really like this chapter, it was more of a filler.

4. Something unexpected is going to happen in the next chapter!! Can you guess what happens? I bet not ;p

5. I'm watching Full House and awe omg memories.

6. I have to go put a kid to sleep (that sounds weird/suspicious) o.O

7. School started so I might be a little late, then again, I'm usually always late *sigh*

8. I'm ashamed to say this, well type this, but *whispers* I don't edit these chapters, so most of them might have some mistakes. Once i finish this book though, I'll probably edit the whole thing.

Please vote, comment, and follow if you like this chapter or story or whatever!

Okayyy I love you all (sends the biggest virtual hug that one could receive) Bye bye! 

~ Rawan :)