Chapter 21

Harry’s P.O.V

Mackenzie and I make our way down to the basement pretty quickly. I just want to help her with these boxes then go back to Rosie. I promised her that she wouldn’t have to be near Mike and the others and I’ve already left her!

As we’re moving the boxes, there’s an awkward silence. I decide to start a conversation with Mackenzie. “So…how long have you known Rosie for?” I ask her out of curiosity. She stops what she’s doing to look at me. “Oh, I’ve known her since first grade; we were best friends…until this year.” She whispers the last part so soft I could barely hear it, but I did. “What happened this year that made you guys not best friends anymore?” I ask wanting to know more. “Nothing, just…stuff” she says trying to avoid the subject by getting back to work.

Before I can ask any more questions, Mackenzie, or Kenzie as she prefers, lets out a sigh. “Um Harry, we need to get back upstairs right now.” I look at her surprised. “But there are still a lot of boxes to move.” She looks down at the floor and says that it’s really important. I agree to go see what’s so important and we run up the stairs. I just hope nothing happened to Rosie. When we get up the stairs, Mackenzie guides me to a locked door. I hear muffled sounds inside the door and I turn to see Mackenzie looking as guilty as ever. She whispers the words “I’m sorry” and gets out a key to open the door.

What I see next is the worst sight that I have ever seen.  

.........................................................................................

Heyy so I know i do too many cliffhangers but idk it's just really fun to see people get aggrivated about it lol i'll post the next chapter soon but i'lll post it tomorrow IF SOMEONE GUESSES WHAT HARRY JUST SAW

QUestions that you should be asking yourself:

1. What did Harry see?

2. What's going to happen with Mackenzie?

3. And other questions i can't think of on the top of my head right now

OH AND I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER

ALSO, IF YOU GUYS LIVE NEAR BOSTON LIKE ME OR ACTUALLY LIVE IN BOSTON STAY SAFE IT WAS REALLY SCARY YESTERDAY ESPECIALLY SINCE MY SISTER LIVES THERE BUT THANK GOD SHE HAD TO GO TO NEW YORK YESTERDAY FOR HABITAT FOR HUMANITY

OKAY I DON'TKNOW WHY I'M STILL TYPING IN ALL CAPS

SO BYE

p.s. sorry for the long author's note!

~Rawan :)