01

CHAPTER ONE

┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

reminder: this book is written in english though the characters are conversing in japanese. if a character said something in english or in any language(s), their dialogue will be written in bold-italic.

 if a character said something in english or in any language(s), their dialogue will be written in bold-italic

the streets of tokyo were crowded with people in office attire and school uniforms. the train station is also in the same situation, while the roads are filled with cars. this is an usual scenario in the populated city of japan during the morning weekdays.

a sigh came from the girl sitting quietly in the yellow cab as her eyes observed the hectic situation outside. music blasted in her ears as she plugged in her earphones the moment she got inside the cab an hour ago. her nose scrunched up as she watched the crowded, noisy streets.

"how annoying," she thought, rolling her eyes as she glanced down at her phone. the girl scrolled through social media to distract herself from getting impatient due to the traffic.

suddenly, her phone played a familiar ringtone and the caller's information popped on her screen. the girl accepted the call as she recognized the caller.

"moshi moshi?" she spoke up, boredom and tiredness evident in her voice.

"ah, kii-chan! how are you doing? are you home yet?"

"not yet, okaa-san. the traffic here in tokyo is unbelievable."

an amused chuckle was heard from the other line, making the girl roll her eyes. her mother was already aware that her daughter was impatient and short-tempered in situations similar to the one kiiro's currently in.

"well, you can't do anything about it, yeah? do you prefer walking in the streets with your luggages or patiently staying in the cab?"

"i hate both, okaa-san. i've already told you that my flight should be on the weekends, not weekdays, because the traffic and crowds are seriously annoying."

"and i've already told you, kii-chan, that all of the flights were booked. you were so excited to get home already, so we booked whatever an available flight to tokyo is left."

"whatever," she mumbled, playing with the hem of her brother's hoodie. "by the way, have you contacted onii-chan already?"

"not yet, my darling. what about you surprise your brother? i bet he'll be overjoyed to see you!"