34

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

"why am i even here?" tsukishima mumbled and sighed, glaring at the two dorks bickering back-and-forth upfront

"are those tanghulu?" hinata exclaimed, pointing at the tanghulu stand before sprinting off to buy.

"i— where are you going, boke!" kageyama immediately followed him, leaving the tall blond in the middle of the crowd.

tsukishima sighed, scrunching his eyebrows as he turned away to find a less crowded spot in the tokyo metro subway. all he wanted tonight was to lay on his futon and play games, but their seniors decided to have him run errands with his fellow freshmen.

him and the freezing air of tokyo really do not go well together. in which is also the same thing for another one who has a love-hate relationship with winter...

"kei?"

he knew that voice, and it made him whip his head in that direction, but only to look down and meet a pair of golden cat eyes staring right back at him.

"miss manager..."

he breathed out as a response. the two of them stared at each other before tsukishima decided to break the silence.

"what are you doing out here?" the way he emphasized his last word came off differently for kiiro.

her eyes observing him carefully—the way his body snuggles deep into his coat and takes a few steps closer to her, even the way his eyes flicker back-and-forth to the crowd and to her, but he does not dare to make any eye contact at all.

"ah... just an errand. how about you?" kiiro replied.

tsukishima let out another sigh, peering over his two teammates over the tanghulu stall. "accompanying those two idiots," as he said.

kiiro snickered at the sight, which captured the latter's attention with furrowed eyebrows. "what?" he muttered in annoyance.

meanwhile, kiiro looked over to him with a teasing grin. "what?" repeating the same word with a bit of exaggeration in the tone in hopes of annoying him further.

tsukishima clicked his tongue and looked away. knowing her antics since the beginning and their mini tom and jerry moments, he is better off giving her attention.

"what now, bitchshima? don't tell me that you're already pissed off by that, huh?" kiiro continued to blabber, constantly poking his shoulder for a while until the blond had enough.