08

CHAPTER EIGHT
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

reminder: this book is written in english though the characters converse in japanese. if a character speaks in english or in any language(s), their dialogue will be written in bold-italic.

20 - 14

20 - 14

the red team was already leading the first and only set to be played during their 3 vs 3 match. it wasn't even a practice match nor an official match. however, watching them play is nerve-wracking. the opposing team was clearly getting destroyed, but it was more likely that lev haiba who was getting destroyed by the wing spiker of the red team.

"nice receive!" lev said, after shōhei received the cross-shot from kiiro. the red team's setter, teshiro, tossed the ball for their middle blocker, but his spike was blocked by kiiro who always manages to match lev's jump height peak.

kiiro's team gained another point, and they are four points away from claiming the set. meanwhile, lev has a scowl on his face while glaring at the female with a mocking grin etched on her lips. he wouldn't deny that her skills are top-tier and way beyond his, but it frustates and embarrasses him for understimating her just because of her small figure.

kiiro walked up to her teammates. "pass the ball to me," she said, gaining confused looks from both of the males.

"this is a 3 vs 3 match for a reason, not a one-on-one, kii-chan," kuroo interjected, which caused kiiro to pinch his arm.

"you shut up, old man. i'm just saying to pass the ball to me so i could just kill it because i'm getting tired of running around," she explained, folding her arms and puffing her cheeks out.

kuroo snickered, annoying the weary female further, but all he received from her was either a deadpan or a sigh. the setter quietly observed the two in front of him before glancing at the other team, and then flickering his eyes back at his sister.

"high tosses, you say, kiiro?" he asked, gaining a firm nod from her. the trio went back to their positions, waiting for kenma to serve, as it was already his turn based on their planned rotation.

the ball went over the net, and lev went to receive it, followed up by shōhei's spike. unfortunately, it was blocked by kiiro, and the ball was in the red team's hands again. the ball was passed to kenma, then he tossed it to kiiro. the female who was positioned on the left side jumped to spike a straight down, which wasn't blocked nor saved by the opposing team.

"nice hit!"

"nice toss!"

their play continued for three minutes, and the red team was already on their match point. kiiro knew she was already at her limit, but others couldn't see her weariness. it has been awhile since she played volleyball, and she hasn't been physically active with sports or working out. to add to that, she doesn't have great stamina like her older brother. her weak immune system makes her weak stamina even worse.