03

CHAPTER THREE
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

coach nekomata met kozume kiiro way back in her middle school days

coach nekomata met kozume kiiro way back in her middle school days. she was well-known around the volleyball middle school that she even got the nickname of "ace goddess" due to her exceptional beauty and volleyball skills. the coach of nekoma high happened to come over and watch one of the matches the younger kozume was playing in, and he witnessed how great a player she was, but things changed when she had graduated from junior high.

"ano..." a male with jet black buzzcut hair approached the girl. kiiro turned to him with her usual "get lost" expression, and it quite intimidated the vice captain.

"i have some sweets here," kai said, opening his hand filled with different flavors of candies.

her golden orbs sparkled in happiness as she took a candy with a pink wrapping. "thank you!" she bowed her head with a small grin on her face.

the vice captain sighed in relief as he wasn't expecting that the girl would be giddly and happy over the candy. he was expecting that the girl would curse at him, but then the unexpected happened, which was a good thing. kai has a collected and quiet personality, which kiiro immediately noticed once he approached her, so she knew she didn't have to chase him away.

"seems like she likes sweets." kai reflected as he turned to leave, mentally noting that the younger kozume likes sweets.

kiiro held the wrapper at both ends and twisted it open, revealing a red ball of candy. with a small grin, she popped the candy in her mouth, enjoying the sweet flavor of strawberry. from the perspective of others, the girl seemed to be eating with a serious expression, but she was enjoying it like a kid.

"kii-chan!" kuroo called out, grabbing her attention. the girl glanced up and noticed the boys behind the captain, while kenma was the first one to walk up towards her and her head.

"i want you to meet the best volleyba-"

"i'm kozume kiiro, kenma's younger sister," kiiro cut kuroo off with a straight face on which made the boys snicker, excluding the sulky captain.

"hello kiiro! i'm morisuke yaku, a senior and libero for the team. this is nobuyuki kai, our vice captain and also a senior," the male with light brown hair and orbs introduced.

"these are the second years...yamamoto taketora, and fukunaga shōhei," yaku continued while pointing at each of them, "then our setter, your brother."

kiiro listened intently to his introduction, trying to remember their names and faces to the best of her memorization.

yaku then proceeded to introduce the freshmen, "teshiro tahamiko, inouka sō, shibayama yūki, and hai-"

"i'm haiba lev! it's a pleasure to meet you, kozume-san!" the giant freshman grabbed the girl's hand and shook it vigorously.