17

chapter seventeen: milk lovers
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

chapter seventeen: milk lovers┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

"wear these and do your warm-ups already." kiiro handed out the blue tops with numbers printed on it to the nekoma members.

the boys wore their blue tops and went to do their warm-up routine, preparing to have a match against one another while waiting for the other teams to finish and their manager watched them carefully to make sure they were doing their warm-up properly.

"manager-sama, i'm all done!" lev asserted, sprinting up to their manager, who was standing on the sidelines with the coaches.

kiiro nodded at him. "you can practice now. don't interrupt others or i'll spike a ball to yo—" she was cut off when the light grey-haired male grabbed her hand.

"practice with me, kiiro-san!" lev said, practically begging with his eyes. "you can just toss for me. please, manager-sama?" he frowned, still not letting her hand go.

the raven-haired girl sweatdropped, glancing at coach nekomata as if she's waiting for his permission, and he gave her a nod with a smile on his face. she heaved a sigh, facing lev before nodding at his request, causing him to smile from ear to ear and make a bee line for the vacant net beside ubuwaga and shinzen.

kiiro scrunched her nose before handing her notebook and clipboard to coach naoi. she watched the on-going match of karasuno and fukurōdani as she walked down the side, snickering as she witnessed karasuno's libero failed attempt to set for his teammate.

"they're evolving, huh?" she thought, quite amused with how many failed attempts karasuno had. her attention was diverted when lev called out to her, yelling out to her that they should start practicing before any of the matches ended.

"i came here to assist the team, not to practice with you," she complained to the middle blocker, taking off her tracksuit and tying it around her hips.

kiiro took a ball from the cart, then spiked it to lev, which he easily received. the ball went flying back to her, and she positioned herself as she waited for the ball to come into contact with her fingertips before setting it up high to lev's highest point of contact, and the middle blocker was able to hit the ball as it bounced off on the other side of the net.

"sugoi, kiiro-san! you're also good at tossing!" lev completely taken aback by her versatile skills.

"don't be distracted!" she replied, as she spiked a ball to him and hit his arm, earning a yelp from the latter. her cheeks turned red and she puffed them out, avoiding lev's eyes as they continued with their practice.

"woah, look at nekoma's manager. she's good at volleyball!" tanaka stated as he watched them from the door.

a few of his teammates also peaked inside the gym, watching nekoma practicing with their manager. karasuno just finished their penalty after losing against fukurōdani in the first match, and they're currently having their break outside.