28

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

the little snowflakes pouring down from the heavens and kissing the earth's surface

the little snowflakes pouring down from the heavens and kissing the earth's surface. the frigid breeze engulfing her body once she took a step outside. despite being wrapped up in multiple layers of clothing, the tips of her nose and ears, even her cheeks, turned bright red, which turned out to be a natural look for the raven-haired girl.

"winter might be my favorite season, but i'm about to freeze now," reimi muttered to herself, stuffing half of her face deep into the collar of her padded jacket.

kiiro glanced at the pinkette before handing out one of the warm packs to her, motioning for her to take it even though she refused to do so. once she made sure that her friend wouldn't be freezing to death, her gaze shifted to the train that had just recently arrived, and they went inside with their luggage, settling down in their respective seats.

the day of christmas had ended not long ago, and it's now the last page of the year 2012. tokyo, as the heart of japan, is the busiest city throughout the entire country on most days and even busier during the holidays. surely, the city later on would be filled with loud fireworks left and right, and the streets would be crowded by locals and foreigners.

noise and crowds are the top two on kiiro's list of pet peeves. instead of enduring the tremendous torture, she already planned out what she'd do on new year's eve with her brother. however, the male declined her offer, saying that he still needed to practice for the tournament, which is less than a week from now, and that their manager needs a break more than anyone else.

"is it totally fine to come with you?" reimi whispered to her, fiddling with her pink mittens.

kiiro hummed in confirmation. "i wouldn't drag you if you weren't."

"you have a point, but you said that you'll be staying with your friends at hyogo. that's totally fine since you guys knew each other, but wouldn't it be embarrassing for me to also stay there?"

the raven-haired girl turned to her friend and sighed. "even if they wouldn't agree, which was the opposite, i'd still bring you with me, and we'll stay in a motel instead. also, chill out, emi-chan; they're just a bunch of dunces, aside from a few."

"w-what should i do if we meet them already? should i bow? should i go—"

"emi, chill the heck out."

┉┅━━┅┉

"das' her. over here, kiiro!" a fairly tall and muscular boy, aran, waved his hand up in the air to capture the attention of the said female, who had just gotten off the train.