25

chapter twenty-five: clumsy-baka
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

chapter twenty-five: clumsy-baka┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

"mina-san, take a break now!"

the squealing of children echoed throughout the entire gymnasium. the loud stomps and squeaking of their shoes all rushed towards their trainer, who was handing out the packed snacks.

"arigatō, kiiro-san!" a semi-bald boy grinned at the said female.

on the other hand, kiiro smiled as a response, and her hand reached down to gently squeeze his cheek. "as always," she said. his entire face then turned red before he scrambled away in panic, eliciting an amused chuckle from the older girl.

it has been three days since kiiro arrived in miyagi to handle a week-long volleyball training at lil'tykes volleyball. one of the coaches supervising the classes sent an invitation via email to kiiro a month ago, which the latter accepted without any second thought.

"thank you for your hard work, kiiro. we appreciate your presence here." a man with a curly undercut, looking in his early twenties, approached the raven-haired girl.

kiiro hummed and looked up at him, "no worries, genji senpai."

genji hideo, an alumni in kitagawa daiichi junior high school. hideo used to be a volleyball player in kitagawa and is only four years ahead of kiiro in grade level. even when hideo was in high school, he frequently visited the games of the boys' and girls' volleyball clubs in kitagawa, which is why he's quite close with a few of the younger volleyball players.

"if i may ask, are you still pla—"

kiiro cut him short with a stern "no," followed by an explanation. "but i'm the manager of the boys' volleyball club, so i'm not really that off-line."

"that's good then. whatever you're doing, as long as you're happy, then continue pursuing it," he told her with a smile and gave a gentle pat on her head, then nodding his head towards the group of kids playing.

"let's continue with the training now, shall we?"

┉┅━━┅┉

"don't forget to practice your serve and receive, alright?" kiiro announced, receiving a synced "yes" from the students. "that would be all. see you in another day, kids."

"otsukaresama deshita!" they responded with a polite bow to the trainers before they all rushed to their stuff and went ahead with their guardians picking them up. there were also a few who said their enthusiastic farewell to kiiro before they eventually left the place.

after making sure that everything was already settled, kiiro grabbed her stuff and bid her goodbye to her senpai. there wasn't much to clean up on the court anyway since the kids had helped them clean up their mess, including the used balls and nets. as for the raven-haired girl, she thought at first that working with kids might not go well for her as she was usually the one being babied by mostly everyone, but after days of training, she began to like those kids.