20

chapter twenty: delivery for miss manager
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

the squeaking of the shoes and loud voices could be heard from the volleyball gymnasium

the squeaking of the shoes and loud voices could be heard from the volleyball gymnasium. everyone on nekoma boys' volleyball team is currently occupied with intense training for the upcoming tokyo prefectural qualifiers.

they were all fired up to get qualified to be one of the representatives of tokyo prefecture for the spring tournament.

the coaches were much stricter when it came to training the boys every day, while their manager kept everything and everyone in check. there would be days when everyone would be on the edge and overworked, but the freshman manager always ensures that they'll have a rest and reminds them of their school work.

"lev, keep your arms firm." she demonstrated to him how to properly position his arms when receiving the ball. "make sure your knees are bent and your feet are apart."

lev was getting personal training with their manager, kiiro. the tall freshman was able to get qualified to be one of the team's regulars, but there are still plenty of areas he should improve.

coach nekomata assigned kiiro to personally train lev for an hour during practice because of her experience and great teaching.

"that hurts!" lev frowned, rubbing his forearms that had turned bright red due to the force of the ball spiked by the manager.

kiiro rolled her eyes at him and scrunched her nose, ignoring his constant complaints. she grabbed another ball from the cart before spiking it to lev, who caught it with underhand.

the ball went flying back to her, and she tossed it towards the net. the middle blocker grinned widely as he realized what was going on. he immediately dashed towards the net and jumped upward as his right hand made contact with the ball, which was spiked on the other side.

"woah, i did amazing, manager-sama!" the light grey-haired boy exclaimed, looking at his mentor with expectant eyes.

"yeah, it was amazing…" she mumbled, eliciting an overjoyed look on lev's face. "that you nearly got tangled in the net," she went on, and the male frowned.

"the ball was near the net, that's why!" lev replied, walking up to her with an upset expression. "but i still managed to spike the ball even though it was almost on the other sid—"

"are you saying that my toss wasn't good?" her eyes flickered at him and a scowl was apparent on her face.

lev placed his fingers on his chin and looked up, humming to himself. "well, you're great at spiking, but you're not just really good with to— ack!" he yelped, rubbing his head that had been hit with a ball.

meanwhile, the other volleyball players in the gym sweatdropped as they watched the freshmen bickering with one another. their voices were booming through the entire place, while the balls were all flying towards the middle blocker running away from the fuming raven-haired girl.