05

CHAPTER FIVE
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

the smell of freshly made breakfast awoke a certain black-haired setter

the smell of freshly made breakfast awoke a certain black-haired setter. akaashi sat up while rubbing his eyes and roamed his vision around the kozumes' living room. his gaze fell over the owl-looking male beside him snoring softly. he remembered that kiiro offered them to stay for the night because they were going to play video games with her and transportation wasn't available anymore around one in the morning.

"ohayō, shi-chan." a feminine voice greeted him.

akaashi glanced towards kiiro who was standing in the hallway, wearing her uniform and tights with an addidas black backpack slung over her shoulders. "o-ohayō, kiiro-san," he greeted back in his morning voice.

the female gave him a small smile before pointing to the dining area. "i've already prepared breakfast for everyone. i apologize for going over your and bokuto-san's bags since i was looking for your bento boxes."

the setter's eyes widened, not expecting that the female would do something out of the ordinary for them, especially since they had just met not even a day ago. akaashi already noticed that kiiro was having a hard time explaining her intention, so he immediately knew what she was trying to say right now.

he quickly got up from his futon and walked over towards her. "i-i have to go now..." kiiro headed to the genkan, avoiding eye contact with the setter.

"isn't it too early to go to school?" akaashi looked at the wall clock, which indicated that it was only 5:30 in the morning.

kiiro slipped in her school shoes and faced the male. "i still have jet lag, so i couldn't sleep at all and i have to roam the school's campus first," she answered, opening the door while his eyes remained on her figure.

before she could step outside, she looked at the male. "please wake up the other two since they have practice later at six. also, you and bokuto-san should get going." then she bowed her head, and left before the latter could even process what she said.

"holy crap, this is an amazing breakfast!" bokuto exclaimed, scaring akaashi out of his wits.

akaashi sighed. "i'll wake up kuroo-san and kenma." then he went upstairs to wake up the nekoma boys.

it was already six in the morning when kiiro had arrived at school campus. after roaming the campus twice, she sat by the paved stairs of the volleyball gym with her left leg resting over her right one while her golden orbs watched the players in the field playing soccer.

kiiro brought out a milk carton from her bag that she bought from their school's vending machine, poking the carton with the straw and then sips her banana milk.