11

chapter eleven: yellow
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

the green scenery of nagano was truly mesmerizing

the green scenery of nagano was truly mesmerizing. tall mountains could be seen everywhere and the hints of various vibrant colors of flowers topped off the breathtaking view. the smell of fresh air and chilly wind created by the trees and plants - it is indeed summer already in japan.

"sugo!" atsumu said in admiration in his thick kansai accent. his eyes were practically glued to the window, seeing the flower fields they were passing by.

(note: in kansai dialect, 'sugoi' becomes 'sugo', which means "wow" in english.)

"tsu-chan, don't blame us when your head snaps off," kiiro stated. everyone in the cab, excluding the entranced atsumu, sweatdropped at her statement.

"that's too dark, roki..." suna hesitantly said, and the latter only shrugged.

"where we're goin' anyway, ro-chan?" osamu casually joined the conversation.

"somewhere," kiiro said, browsing through her phone.

"ya' didn't plan ta' kidnap us, yeah?" he asked again, lightly poking her arm, but she remained unbothered.

"no complaints! she'll be obliged ta' feed us!" atsumu teased, facing them with a grin.

the raven-haired girl looked at him with no expression. "what are the chances that you'll be alive and breathing when the cops find you if i kidnapped you three?"

the atmosphere went eerily silent. the female asked that question so casually and in monotone that it caused shivers down their spines.

"ro-chan, how's tokyo?" osamu broke the awkward silence. the stoic girl responded to his question and their conversation continued on.

it was more than an hour when they arrived at their resort that was booked by kiiro beforehand. their ride fare was split between the three males since kiiro had warned them about fighting each other again, for the nth time today, over a small thing.

"what's tis' place, iro-chan?" the blond roamed his eyes around the place.

"hakuba iwatake - it's a mountain resort," kiiro answered, walking up to the front desk. "for kozume kiiro," she told the male attendant.

the attendant nodded, typed on something on the desktop before handing the high school girl a keycard holder with two cards inside. "room 130 is on the second floor. would you like us to assist you?" he asked.

the raven-haired girl shook her head. "no, thank you." and then bowed politely at him before motioning the boys to follow her to the elevator and to their shared hotel room.

"w-we're sharing a r-room?" atsumu stuttered. his eyes were wide open while watching the other three remove their shoes and get comfy inside.

"i didn't book an expensive suite with two separate rooms for no reason," kiiro sarcastically said, walking past the lounge area to the left room. "i'm taking the left because i'm leaving y'll tomorrow," she joked, before heading inside the room.