18

chapter eighteen: bitchshima
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

it was the second day of summer training camp

it was the second day of summer training camp. the usual routine of the teams playing against one another wasn't finished until the glowing moon was already at rest with the stars in the dark sky. the after-practice had also become a part of everyone's routine before dinner time, including the fukurōdani pair and nekoma's captain and manager.

"oya," akaashi said, seeing the blond middle blocker of karasuno by the door of gymnasium three.

"oya oya?" the owl-looking captain tilted his head with a teasing look.

the rooster head walked towards the two, and faced the blond with a smirk. "oya oya oya," he said, bearing the same look as bokuto.

tsukishima went towards them and initiated a conversation with the three. kiiro, who was by the side of the court as usual, looked up at the four males talking. her eyes scrutinized the tall blond, internally laughing as she saw the two captains elicit an annoyed look.

"just a club?" bokuto repeated, his brows furrowed with a frown on his lips. "that almost sounds like someone's name," he continued, earning kuroo's attention.

"ooh, like mary club?" kuroo asked. "no wait, i guess it was just some club," he added, and the two captains started talking by themselves while the other two deadpanned at their irrelevant conversation.

bokuto then diverted his attention back to the blond freshman. "say, four-eyes!" he exclaimed.

"it's tsukishima," the latter corrected.

"say, tsukishima-kun… is volleyball fun?" bokuto asked, anticipating his answer.

tsukishima glanced elsewhere, avoiding his gaze as he thought about his answer. "no, not really…" he trailed off.

"maybe that's because you suck," kiiro joined their conversation, standing beside kuroo. her statement struck the blond's nerve once again for the second time.

the fukurōdani captain proceeded to boost himself, ignoring the tension in the air, while tsukishima only gave him a deadpan as his response.

"you see, i only recently started thinking that volleyball was fun," bokuto said, catching tsukishima's interest as he continued to tell the blond about his experiences with practicing his straight spikes and the time where the blockers weren't able to block the ball.

"just that one shot made me feel like my time had finally come!" he chuckled out loud with a smug look.

kiiro sighed at bokuto's loud voice, shaking her head as she glanced at tsukishima. "it all depends on if you have that moment or not." she walked towards the blond with her arms folded together, staring deeply at his golden-brown eyes.

"it doesn't really matter what happens in the future, or if you can win your next match. the joy you feel beating your opponent in front of you, and when you're able to pull out 120% of your potential, is everything."