29

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

the inarizaki boys stayed over the night until the morning at miya's house

the inarizaki boys stayed over the night until the morning at miya's house. they were huddled up together in the living room, aside from kiiro and reimi, who were separated and slept in the guest's room. when the morning sun greeted the world, they all had a fulfilling breakfast made by the two girls before they went ahead to visit the nearest temple.

usually, having osechi ryori, the first breakfast on gantan, was supposedly celebrated with the relatives before heading to the shrines and temples, even shopping for special sales. all of this has been a tradition for japanese families, but the group of teenagers decided to spend the new year's eve and half of the first day of january with one another.

(note: osechi ryori consists of traditional japanese foods in a bento box called "jubeko" which is shared with family or friends. also using iwai-bachi, a special type of chopstick that has sharp ends, is a must because of a buddhist belief. meanwhile, gantan refers to the new year's morning, while ganjitsu is the tradition of eating osechi ryori on gantan, then visiting a temple or shrine and buying some products on special sale.)

"akemashite omedeto gozaimasu, minasan!" with a warm hug engulfing everyone, smiles reaching their ears, and laughter resonating throughout the entire place without sparing a damn to anyone who was giving them weird looks. as long as their new year is all good and happy, any means of negativity are revoked.

"we'll see ya' at the tournaments, kii-chan and reimi-san!" the rest of the boys bid their farewells to the other five, who also sent them off with a farewell.

"yosh! let's go to ta' park!" atsumu faced them with the biggest grin on his face. knowing his look, osamu already knew, as did suna and kiiro, but reimi was left confused when she was practically dragged by the blond miya.

"w-wha... chotto atsumu!" reimu squealed, almost tripping on her shoes. her eyes were all wide at how fast this boy was sprinting. she turned to the others for help, but seeing them fade out of her sight gave her the utmost fear of being left alone with miya atsumu.

"should we follow 'em?" suna muttered, but the other two beside him cleared him clearly.

osamu shrugged his shoulders. "meh, rei can handle him," he replied.

on the other hand, kiiro sighed to herself as she contemplated what she should do. she just couldn't leave her best friend alone because we're talking about the miya atsumu here—the very childman existing on the face of the planet earth, but she also had enough shit from the blond to even deal with him.

in contrast, the trio found themselves in the park, watching reimi and atsumu play in the snow. there were a few snowmen and evidence of snow angels, which were both made sloppily. the weather was freezing, yet the three teenagers are obliged (by no one) to watch over the other two, or else who knows what destruction they'll cause.