26

chapter twenty-six: festival date
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

chapter twenty-six: festival date┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

"alright everyone, we're done for today. you can all head home now."

"won't you be treating us with meat buns, daichi-san?"

"hinata, you have no shame!"

the afternoon volleyball practice of the karasuno boys' team had ended earlier than usual. it was near five o'clock; the sun is still up, yet the sky is showing the harmony of various colors. their final examination of the first semester is just around the corner, so the captain, daichi, has to limit their practice time until the break.

after cleaning up and closing the gymnasium, everyone went ahead together to the club room to change into their school uniforms rather than wearing their practice outfits damp with their sweat after hours of playing volleyball.

"nishinoya, aren't you heading home yet?" sugawara asked, seeing that the latter seemed to be agitated and couldn't stand in one place.
nishinoya smiled at them and shook his head, "not yet. i'm waiting for-"

"yū-kun."

to say, everyone was stunned to see the raven-haired girl for the second time this week, and she is even standing right inside their school's premises despite the fact that outsiders aren't allowed, if someone might add.

nishinoya's smile reached his ears, and he rushed to greet the female. "kii-chan, you're here!" he threw his arms around her, which she returned and even made the others go wild in confusion.

however, a certain blond gaze went sharper like a knife. if looks could kill, then his senior libero could be lying on the floor lifeless instantly. tsukishima could feel his heart twisting so tight that it made his mood sour—this very feeling is unknown to him. if the banana milk provider is this upset at the moment, then what else is going on with the best friend?

"kiiro-san, how did you manage to get inside though? the guard by the gates is strict when it comes to outsiders." asahi questioned in curiosity.

on the other hand, kiiro had a hard time prying nishinoya from her, and it even required daichi to restrain the boy from lunging and showering her with all of his affection. to which, it isn't a problem for the girl, as she knew it was only nishinoya's personality, so it was normal for him to do stuff like that—at least that's what she thought.

kiiro smooths her tracksuit first before responding with the most unusual answer: "i fired the guard." her poker face and monotone voice even made the situation awkwardly hilarious. who knew that this girl has a top-tier sense of humor?

"noya actually invited me to the festival tonight, so i figured to visit him beforehand since my training finished earlier," she explained.

"invited? who? her? the festival tonight? how come i didn't know?" tsukishima furrowed his eyebrows and clicked his tongue in annoyance, while kageyama was muttering curses under his breath.