21

chapter twenty-one: tsukiiro
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅

"are? this is questionable, but i kinda like what i'm seeing

"are? this is questionable, but i kinda like what i'm seeing." the pink-haired girl smirked at the pair standing side by side in the hallway.

kuroo peaked his head out of the living room to check what was going on. "kii-chan already brought a boy home. can you believe this, kenma?" he turned his head to look at the older kozume.

"shut the hell up, emo rooster." kiiro threw a slipper in his direction and it hit him bullseye on the forehead.

reimi snickered at how loud the impact was, putting her hands together and bowing her head. "tetsurō senpai, may your brain rest in peace."

then, she burst out laughing, even after receiving a scowl from the latter. they started bickering with each other, saying irrelevant things back and forth to one another.

"are they okay?" tsukishima whispered to the raven-haired girl beside him.

"they're beyond okay," kiiro replied, causing a snicker from the blond.

kiiro had invited tsukishima to come over to their house to have dinner. her reason of her invitation was solely to return the favor to the blond after travelling all the way from miyagi to tokyo.

she walked past the bickering duo and to the kitchen, with kenma following behind her tail. his eyes curiously scrutinized each of her actions as she moved around the area.

"what did emi cook, 'nii-chan?" she spoke up.

"tonkatsu," kenma casually answered, not even caught off guard by a bit of her sudden question.

"were you full?" she continued to ask, but received no response after seconds had passed. her head glanced in his direction and the sight of his bright red face confused her.

"why are you red…?"

"i-it's nothing."

"you stuttered."

"c-can't i not s-stutter?"

"you can, but this isn't normal."

"w-what's n-not n-normal?"

kiiro squinted her eyes at him in suspicion. his constant stuttering is definitely raising more suspicions. she walked up to him and tiptoed to reach his height as she took a closer look at his flustered face.

"you don't normally stutter. you don't normally get flustered like this."

and kenma's face turned even brighter, as if he was going to explode at any moment. he turned his head away from her and bit the inside of his cheeks while his fists were clenched tightly.

"this…" kiiro pointed her forefinger towards him and moved it up and down. "… is not the normal, usual way you act. something happened, then?" she questioned.