22

chapter twenty-two: manager's on work

┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

shoes squeaking against the floor while the loud sounds emitted from spiking the ball had been going on for who knows how long now

shoes squeaking against the floor while the loud sounds emitted from spiking the ball had been going on for who knows how long now. not a single thought of taking a break came across the volleyball players' minds because the only thing in their minds was… to be one of the representatives of tokyo prefectural.

"seriously?"

everyone stopped in their tracks as the ball fell from the air and dribbled on the floor, adding awkwardness to the dead silence that had taken over the whole place.

with a sigh, kiiro stepped inside the gym and closed the doors behind her before heading to the bench with the boys' stuff in her hands. "didn't i remind everyone here to take a break in between your practices?" she said, facing them in the process.

a guilty expression was plastered all over their faces. they couldn't even spare a glance at the manager. no words came out from either of them, not even the captain nor the seniors.

kiiro walked up towards them while putting her hair up in a high ponytail. a few strands of her blonde and black locks were hanging loosely, framing her face perfectly. "ten minute break, all of you." she raised a finger towards them.

the boys didn't have to get to tell twice as they immediately followed her order and took a seat in their chosen places within the gym. meanwhile, the manager was on the bench doing some tasks given by the head coaches. kuroo and kenma walked up to her in silence, thinking of apologizing to her.

"if you're apologizing, don't even say a word... that would be the nth time of your so-called apology," kiiro spoke up, startling the two males in front of her and making them frown after.

the captain crouched down and leaned his head to the side, trying to steal her gaze away from the notebook. "you know how nerve-wracking the qualifying is," he muttered.

kiiro hummed, "and i'd be wracking up your legs if you don't listen to me."

kuroo frowned even more, continuing to whine about random things, but all of them were ignored by the latter. later on, kiiro felt someone resting their head on her left shoulder, and she didn't bother to shake him off, knowing that it was only her brother.

"did you have milk today?" kenma muttered, gaining his sister's attention.

"oh..." she blinked multiple times before slowly nodding her head. "i had two boxes earlier."

"from the blond?" kenma asked again.

"which one? you're also a blond," kiiro cheekily said, as she gazed down at her brother.

kenma rolled his eyes and snuggled closer to her. "the one from karasuno, obviously..." he replied, muttering something under his breath after.

kiiro hummed in confirmation. "he's the only one who has been sending in boxes of milk." she said, chuckling briefly.