19

chapter nineteen: cat got your tongue
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

chapter nineteen: cat got your tongue┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

"tora-san, your spike form is unstable. try to bend your back a bit more and center it to see if it will work for you," kiiro told the nekoma ace, earning a firm 'yes' from the latter.

the raven-haired manager continued to write in her notebook while advising her team. since the former volleyball player was still unsure with her decision if she'd continue playing, coach nekomata thought she might as well train her other skills, so she underwent coaching training. the head coach of nekoma figured out that her leadership skills, practical thinking, experience, and keen eyes would be a great help in coaching.

"yaku-san, you were a bit stiff throughout the matches we had. make sure to stretch properly before and after the match." she pointed out for the libero, gaining a nod from him.

meanwhile, the crows were watching the nekoma team getting lectured by the manager from the other side of the gymnasium. it was a shock to them to know that the manager was advising her team instead of the coaches in-charge.

"she's so cool." tanaka let out sigh, and the others agreed with him.

"she's already good at volleyball, and she's also great at leading the team. just how amazing my wife is!" nishinoya smiled proudly, resting his hands on his hips.

the rest of his teammates sweatdropped at their libero's boosting about his wife, sighing to themselves as nishinoya continued to talk further about the nekoma's manager.

it has been a week since summer training camp started and today is the last day already. the practice for today had ended before lunch since the coaches had decided to throw a meat party for everyone, mainly for the boys, to reward them for their hard work.

"karasuno played well today," kuroo stated, taking the towel from their manager's hand as he wiped off his sweat.

"it's because of the meat party later. they overheard the coaches talking about it earlier this morning," kiiro replied, shocking the whole nekoma team.

"w-we're g-going to eat m-meat for l-lunch…?" taketora stammered, practically drooling at the thought of the food.

kiiro scrunched her nose, sighing heavily. "great, the untold secret is now revealed," she grumbled under her breath, walking away from her team, who were now freaking out.

the managers were the only ones who were told about the supposed surprise that the coaches planned out for the last day of the summer training camp, but everything was accidentally revealed too early.

the raven-haired manager took off her gym shoes and put on her white sneakers. as she was about to take a step on the stairs leading outside, someone went up front to her. her golden orbs met those familiar golden-brown eyes of the certain blond from karasuno.