Chapter Thirty

~Sunday Evening, Jimmy's POV~

After our show we headed back up north so that we could pick up Hazel from her house. We're going to finish the in Texas and then Hawaii. Hazel doesn't know that Mo, Maureen and Pat are going to meet us in Hawaii.

When we got back up north; Percy, Jones and Bonzo went to this motel called to Red Motel. Grant wanted to save some money. The taxi driver dropped off the others while I went to the local florist and then to Hazels house.

I walked out of the florist holding a beautiful bouquet of Cymbidium and Japhet Orchids, just like the ones I got her on our first date. I also had a box of chocolate for Hazel's mom. I would have gotten her a bouquet two but I don't know what kind of flowers she liked so I just stuck with a box of chocolate.

By the time I got to Hazel's house it was six in the evening. I'm sure Hazels home by now. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. I waited a couple seconds before Christopher answered the door.

"Hello Christopher, may I come in?"

"Yeah sure" he said nonchalantly.

"Christopher, Caro, who's at the door?" Mrs. Cunningham asked from the kitchen.

"Oh it's Jimmy" he answered.

"Jimmy who?" Mrs. Cunningham asked again while walking into the living room wiping her hands on her apron, "Oh Hazels boyfriend."

"Yes that's me and you must me Mrs. Cunningham" I acknowledged politely "these are for you"

"Thank you Jimmy" she took the box of chocolate from my extended arm. "You didn't have to do that Caro."

"It was my pleasure."

Mrs. Cunningham led me into the kitchen while Christopher went into the basement. She took the Orchids from me and out them in a vase. She asked me if I was staying for dinner. I said of course. I haven't had a home cooked meal since the last time I was with my parents which was maybe almost a month ago. I sat at their kitchen table because I didn't know where else to sit.

"Jimmy, Caro, would you like something to drink, something to eat while I finish up cooking?"

"Umm I'll take a cup of tea please" I asked

"Sure you can Caro, milk and sugar?"

"Yes please. Thank you." I smiled after I started to get more relaxed in the chair I was sitting in.

"So Jimmy Hazel tells me you're in a band." She said once the tea was done.

"Yes I am." I spoke while making myself a cup of tea, I want to say we're big but we only have one album out... if you've heard it."

"I did, Lisa's been playing that thing since it came out. I've even caught her singing along to it multiple times already."

I smiled when she said that. It's always good to hear someone's listening to it. I'm sure there's quite a few people out there who listen to it.

At six thirty dinner was done. Christopher and Mr. Cunningham emerged from the basement laughing about. By the time the both of them we're in the dining room, I had already finished helping Mrs. Cunningham with setting the table. Mrs. Cunningham said I didn't have to set the table but I had instead.

"Hey Jimmy it's good to see you again." he spoke even though we saw each other just a few minutes ago, "What are you doing here?"

"Hello Christopher" I acknowledged his presence, "Me and the mates had a small amount of shows here and well Hazel decided to go to Woodstock so I decided to pick her up."